Husband got unexpected lay off again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aka1977, Jun 9, 2006.

1. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

Hey All,

Just had to vent. I've already cried a ton since yesterday. My husband has been on vacation since Wenesday. Well yesterday we went to the DQ and when we got back there was a message on our machine from his boss. He is laid off again effective June 19th. I don't no what were gonna do with me being disabled. He can claim unemployment but not for that long considering this is the second lay off since last September, and unemployment is alot less than he makes. First one lasted from October till January.

This is especially bad he works in the concrete business and to get laid off going into summer like this, (so not good). I'm just beside myself, and I feel so awful for him to because he works so hard trying to make things as easy and the least stressful for me as he can. He's a wonderful man who just never can catch a break, or any good luck.

Aka1977
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sorry Aka! Can't your husband find another job to work in the meantime? I know it is hard as I don't work or get disability and so if my husband was laid off, it would be bad for us.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you still have insurance.

Hope things get better for you quickly.

Hugs,
    Faye

3. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

To answer some questions, yes this is the second lay off from the same company. And my husband has only done this type of work so he doesn't have alot of other experience. We live in Minnesota.

Also he has worked for this company going on 6 years and they are union, so finding something else is also difficult being they only give you so many days to report back to work, or your gone.

I just don't know what to do, say or think. I woke up this morning hurting even worse that usual. My neck, and shoulders, and my back. I live with a headache every day, and I Know it's only going to get worse.

I'm just so thankful to have all of you, it means alot.

Aka1977
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

then go done there everyday until he gets a job...that i how it works for my ex-hubby...he is a steamfitter(above a pipefitter), anyways...doesn't his union supplement his unemployment as well? he could always get a non construction job...or cash under the table job...

just some suggestions....yes i know about the darn lay offs, when ex gets laid off...well you know what that means to me...no child support...sucks...

call around to you local churches and non profits for help w/rent and food and electric or gas... there is some help out there....salvation army..

jodie