Husband has Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hubbyhasfibro, Apr 30, 2003.

1. hubbyhasfibro

hubbyhasfibro New Member

Hi, I'm new to this site. Im so happy that I found it.
    I've been looking for some place to vent.
    My Husband is 32 and has Fibro.
    Just like he has a hard time dealing with the pain. I'm having a hard time with it all.
    I guess I'm just looking for some one to talk to about it.
    some one thats walking down the same road.
    Thanks
  2. billiegail

billiegail New Member

It would be hard to understand it if you have never suffered from it. My husband tries to be understanding, but he slips now and again and says I am just lazy and that I have to have something wrong with me to be happy.
    I wish he could just walk in my shoes one day. It is hard to have this dreaded disease and it is hard on those that have to live with someone who has it. I'll be praying for you both.
    I just hope that, if it gets to be too much, seek counseling because this will be a hard row to hoe.
    Yours in Christ
    ~BillieGail~
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

My husband and I both have FMS and CFS and one out of 5 of our boys have also been dx'ed with FMS.

It is not easy and it is so hard to understand how one feels when many times we ourselves don't understand. You have to be brave and understand that even though you mat feel used or not appreciated YOU ARE! It is hard to have to carry such a large load but, you soud very wounderful. Research is the key and a great doctor and the treatment program that best helps your husband. Don't forget to take time for yourself to now and then so you don't get ODed. The Spa or a weekend, just for you.

The research on this site is the best we have found. The people to and here you can speak out, nicely but, we all understand and are here for each other.

Welcome and take care, Kim and Gary
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

So Glad you have found us! We have others here, who dont have Fibro or CFS, but their spouses, do.

I see what my illness has done to my husband. It has not only changed my world 360 degrees, but his world as well.
    My goals and plans are not the only ones lost---his are equally affected.

I can see what my husband goes through and imagine you are facing the same difficulties. He has for the most part taken over most of the things that I once did, so now his workload has doubled, with no end in sight. It is exhausting. He also feels quite helpless I am sure--as there is not much he can do--to fix any of it.

Please be sure to take time out for yourself--you must care for yourself, and take breaks. Caregivers are under so much stress. Please reward yourself, pamper yourself, and don't forget that its okay to leave things unfinished if you have hit the wall and are exhausted.

Your husband is very fortunate to have you. There are many who go through this totally alone. Remember, he is frustrated, and not feeling well, sometimes forgetting to show appreciation...but it's there.

Thank you for being one of those willing to do the selfless things that you do. Come here anytime you need to vent or get something off your chest. There is a great bunch of people here, all with a common goal, and full of support.

Best wishes,
    LL
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are most welcome here; your husband is lucky to have you. We also have a Care Givers forum. I don't know how busy it is over there, but it might also be a good place to visit. You can click on Message Boards in the strip above and it will take you to all our other forums.

Love, Mikie