Husband just left in ambulance

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Jul 20, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

My husband, Bob, was up all night with vomiting and diahrrea, both bloody. He had a bleeding ulcer 12 years ago, before we met. He had 2/3 of his stomach removed and they found the start of stomach cancer. He had radiation and he's been fine ever since.

But he's been tired and weak for quite a while now. In fact, we were beginning to wonder if he didn't have FM too.

He was white as a sheet after he threw up around midnight. We thought, at the time, that the red color was the Raspberry Ice Crystal Light he'd been drinking. Apparently not.

When I saw his diahrrea this morning, I called the ambulance immediately. He's a big man, 240 lbs., and he was feeling faint. There's no way I could get him to the car.

So now I'm going to jump in the shower and head for the hospital. Heaven knows what I'll find when I get there.

I really don't need this, but I can't think about myself now.

JoAnn
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My prayers and thoughts are with you both. Please let us know what is going on. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New Member

HI, I am new here, but I will send all the prayers that I can your way....let us know how things are going...
    Hopefloats
  4. baby-bear

baby-bear New Member

I will be praying for you and im so sorry this is happeneing to you. I went through this with my dad...Hope your hubby will be okay...Hang in there...Love Pammy
  5. j9miller

j9miller New Member

My prayers and thoughts for you and Bob.

Janine
  6. little

little Member

To you and your husband. Take care of yourself and try not to over do it. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Gail
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm so sorry, JoAnn, I'm praying your husband will be OK & that they will get to the bottom of this at the hospital. I know you'll be too busy today, but whenever you get a chance, please just jot a brief note to let us know how he's doing. You both are in my thoughts & prayers.

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I m so sorry to hear about your husband. I will say a special prayer for him. Please let us know how you both are doing.

Big Soft Hugs,
    Kathryn
  9. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am sorry to hear about your husband. Said prayers to help you both through this day.
  10. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

praying for you husband. so sorry to hear this. we are here for you...

take care
    alice
  11. kuntryhart

kuntryhart New Member

You are in my prayers. Hope he's better soon. kuntryhart
  12. Nana61

Nana61 New Member

my prayers. I've been where you are at right now and I know that you need all of us to hold you both up in prayer.
    Be strong and know that we are behind you.

Big, soft hugs, Love Nana

[This Message was Edited on 07/21/2003]
  13. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I know you won't read this till later, but try to stay calm the will find out what's wrong. My husband had 2/3 of his stomach remove also years ago. When he throws up it's very upsetting because it's different for them than it is for us.

You are doing the right thing let the doctors figure it out and try to take care of yourself too. I know it's hard, but if you have to care for him you need to stay as healthy as possible.

You are in my thoughts..
    Laura
  14. s43

s43 New Member

Hi JoAnn,
    Hope he is ok, my thoughts are with you.You know they are not just Husbands but Best Friends as well,i am sure things will work out.

Take Care Sharon
  15. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I hope your husband is feeling better and I hope the cause is less concerning than it seems...

try to take care of your own needs too.

Jen F.
  16. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Keep us informed.
  17. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

JoAnn
    Pray offered for you and Bob. Please keep us updated.
    Love and prayers
    Mar
  18. Carmellaf

Carmellaf New Member

This is my first post on this board but I wanted to let you know that I am sending out prayers to the both of you.