Husband just lost his job and is heading home!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Dec 16, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I feel like my life should be written in a bad country song. The hospital just decided they did not need his services anymore and terminated his contract early. The kids and I were even starting to pack to head to Nebraska to spend Christmas break with him, our plane left this Sunday. $$$$$$$$$$$ on the credit card for nothing.

we are scared and thinking of cashing in one of our 401K's to get us through. His health is not good either and he needs a break.

The Griswolds take another adventure!

Funny though my spirits are good considering the situation. I have just learned to roll with the punches and realize there is nothing I can do about it right now.

I have not heard back from the docs concerning repairing the ACL and my doc still has me ut as totaly disabled. My attorney sent out the letter to the disability company (private, not SSI) and we will se what happens.

Love and hugs to all
    cathy
  2. achy

achy New Member

I am amazed at your strength and composure! That was a rotten thing for the hospital to do...especially the week before X-mas!!
    Wouldn't he be eligable for unemployment? I'd look at all other resources before cashing in the 401K...just my opinion. Also, I'd call your lawyer and let him know what's going on (if you haven't already).

Keep your chin up
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Wow - I'm very impressed that you call this "another adventure"! That's a wonderful attitude! When I've been in these situations, I've only thought of it as an adventure years later. Well, the bottom line is you still have each other and you'll get through this together. I'm sure you and your family will have a wonderful holiday! I'm thinking about you and pray that good things come to your family - you deserve it!!!!

Annette2
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up for some better news in the near future.

Love, Mikie
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

My first thought when I read your title was Aw, shoot! You have been through enough. I can't believe this is happening. Hang in there. Better times have to be coming soon.

Barbara
  6. KellynZ

KellynZ New Member

Hi Cathy
    I will be sending you lots of prayers and positiveness even tho you sound pretty up already. It seems that rolling with the punches takes a lot less energy huh? You sound like you have a great attitude and that your family is lucky to have you around to keep everyone feeling "ok" through tough times.

love and hugs back at ya

KellynZ
  7. rlh1961

rlh1961 New Member

I am amazed at your attitude also! It certainly helps to be able to keep a sense of humor. Those of us with FM/CFS etc., have learned how to do that! I pray that God will continue to provide for you and your family.
    Hugs,
    Robbi
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Agree with others--amazed at your spirit and survival sense. To me, folks it's like you who tend to get through these dark hours and come out the other side in better shape than before, so that is what I'm fervently hoping will happen for you!! The one thing that always just burns me, is how these heartless "corporate" decisions are always made just before the holidays... beyond cruel.

You & your family will be in my thoughts & prayers!

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. allhart

allhart New Member

im so sorry ,i know how bad you feel my husband just went back to work after 8 monthes not working have him file for unempoloment asap,
    you will be in my prayers
    kara
  10. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

You Griswolds should be commended and are a fine example to all here! Your positive attitude is a strength for your family--they are truly blessed to have you. You and your family will be in my prayers, and thoughts.
    Karen

[ advertisement ]