Husband just lost job!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrofogqueen01, Jul 6, 2003.

1. fibrofogqueen01

fibrofogqueen01 New Member

What a wonderful time for this to be happening.My husbands contract was up on the 1st at work and on the 2nd they shut the doors and said dont come back and there is currently big guards standing at the doors.To top it all off yesterday we got a letter in the mail we no longer have ins as of 12pm on july 3rd.that means no meds no doctor etc. and dont forget no money because I dont work.The jobs in our area are really scarce so hopeully he will find something soon.The worst part for me is both of our kids birthdays are this month and there is no way I will beable to get them anything and they wont understand why they will be 5 and 7.I have recently found out that I have tarsal tunnel syndrome (carpal tunnel of the ankle)has anyone else had this?I was suppost to go to the doc this week to start treating it.I wont be able to now.Well sorry to bore you all with my problems I know you all have many of your own.Thanks for reading this and I hope you have a pain free day ! Tanita
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry about this and will keep your family in my prayers. Is there a family member who can help out with the gifts? Children that young have a hard time understanding, but they can be amazingly resiliant.

Is your husband eligible for unemployment? How about other services like food stamps? Is there some kind of help through a church? The Salvation Army is wonderful about helping out, especially with medical things like drugs.

Pursue all your alternatives and good luck. Let us know how it is going. If you want, you can post this on the Prayer Forum where our prayer warriors will pray for help for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

I know this is causing you a lot of stress, hopefully things will turn out for the good. The same thing happened to my husband right after I quit my job due to disability. But, as it turned out, he ended up getting a much better job. So, you never know, perhaps the same will happen for you. Also, there are pharmaceutical companies who will give you free medications based on your financial needs. If you want more information let me know. There are a lot of resources to be found that you could use until he finds another job. Good Luck.

Dara
  4. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi Tanita. I really feel for you. My brother-in-law has been out of work since January. My sister is working her tail off to help make ends meet, and she's not feeling well either. My sister told me yesterday at dinner that she was thinking about getting food stamps and that they might qualify. They have one child, my adorable nephew. What the heck is going on in this country? Jobs are scarce it seems everywhere. My parents are already helping me, because of my FMS, now they might have to help my sister. I just cried and cried yesterday, I know I'm very very sensitive. I'm rambling on like this because I wish I could tell you something to help, but, all I have is my story to help you relate at least somewhat. I wish you much luck, it's tough, but you will pull through. Hugs, Chelz.
  5. herewithus

herewithus New Member

Tanita...Are you open to a donation for your kids birthdays?? We all know through our conditions that our childhoods were the best of times...so I for one would love to make a small donation for their birthday...are you open to this?? Email me back at leoman60@yahoo.com with an address. Best of luck...Leo
  6. Ellen_B

Ellen_B New Member

I feel your pain! My husband has been unemployed since last September. I am still able to work, but my check isn't enough to pay the bills. Every month is a new experience in creative bill paying! :^) You don't have to spend a lot of money on kids to make them happy. My kids are evidence of that. Your kids will no doubt understand better than you think. I'll be praying for you.

Ellen
  7. JAP

JAP New Member

I lost my job due to my illness. I'm in a wheelchair now, I don't have the money to go to the doctors or to get medication. I have to do without my medication and pray that God will help me. I know it is hard on you and your family but trust in God he will help you. I will be praying for you.

Please let me know how things turn out for you.

Judy
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

The only thing I can add is:
    My dad was starting a business when I was litttle (8 yo), and I totally understood that we didn't have $$ at that point. Gifts were no problem 'cause kids always want to make their parents happy; what they want is love and security. You DO need to reassure them and make them feel secure, even if you feel insecure.

Obviously I picked up on my parents' worries, especially my mom's 'cause she was enduring a lot of criticism from her family at the time. 'cause I used to have nightmares about us losing the house, etc. Things got real tight for a while -- kids are more perceptive than you think, altho I was probably more sensitive than most --
    just keep reassuring them you'll all get thru this (somehow) together, and to pray together as well (this from an agnostic!). You will, together as a family!

Hugs (softly)
    Victoria
  9. fibrofogqueen01

fibrofogqueen01 New Member

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful words.Sometimes it is hard for me to think the world still has any good people in it then I come and read all your replys and you all turn my faith around.I know we will get through the rough times but that is exactly what they will be is rough times.I just am so concerned about the kids worrying we dont love them because we cant get them presents hopefully you all are right and they will not take it as hard as I think they will.My husband called today to get unemployment so the next two weeks are going to be the hardest.My daughters birthday is the 15th and sons the 28th luckily my others sons is in feb.I am so shocked about the reply from Leo its nice to know others care so much to help someone they dont know when they are suffering of problems of their own.Thanks to all of you for restoring my faith in others.
    Tanita
  10. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I am so sorry about your situation and I know from experience that worrying about it can make things worse for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and pray that your husband will find another job quickly.

My email address is in my profile. Please drop me a line. I would also like to donate for a present for your kids or maybe if you prefer, just send an anonymous gift for them.

Good luck to you
    Annette
  11. Dara

Dara New Member

I read your post to Tanita, you said you had no money for doctor apoointments or medications. There are programs from the different pharmacutical companies that will give you your medication at limited or no charge. Someone from your doctor's office can probably help you with the paperwork and get you more information. I have the address here somewhere, if you need it let me know.

Dara

[ advertisement ]