Husband keeps putting BLEACH in his laundry..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Jun 24, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I keep telling him that it makes me sooo sick and he just keeps doing it...

The whole house stinks soooo bad!!

I could just flip out right now!!!

God it's great to feel loved!
  2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I am about ready to go through it all in the garbage!!

Just when you think they get it...They don't!!

I just don't think anyone understands it but us...

Thanks for responding...nice to know I'm not alone.
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

and oh so hard to train. I'd hide it, or banish it if you must.

Jeanne
  4. spacee

spacee Member

Then he has his "bleach" but hopefully doesn't cause your problems!

Linda
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

At least he isn't putting it on YOUR laundry LOL!

I've had my laundry (colored) wrecked when dumb hubby put bleach in it. I don't even use it on the whites. i hate bleach, hate the stench of it.

One time he washed the floor with it.

Well at least he washed the floor.

I hear you 100%.

Michelle
  6. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

dump it out and pore somthing else into it that does help with cleaning and dosnt make you sick.

They make alot of natural cleaning supplies that dont smell. Maybe you can try one of them.

What do you think?

thanks,
    God Bless,
    cindy
  7. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Sheryld,
    I dont have the problem of bleach here.But we were at his moms last wk and she had washed her teapot( yes her teapot),with javex,and it hit you as soon as you walked in.
    I tried to stay to visit,but I told her I had to leave because of the smell of javex.I dont think she believed me,but I was sick for days after.

Now here at home, food smells can make me sick,when I make certain things,( chick,almost any meat) it makes me nauseus.So I go in my room and open a window.And I have every window in my apartment open,and patio doors. But the smell holds on tight!!

Coffee is my worst.Especially Tim Hortons!! Has a rank smell to it.Just driving by it makes me sick.But my husband knows and tries to be carefull!!

Take Care!!
    Jordane
  8. pinsnneed1es

pinsnneed1es New Member

and pour water with a slight sent of bleach in it. After a while he will eathier get tired of the no complaining or your skin will get used to the bleach.
    While I was a milltary wife, I had the hives just to have the sprays or chemicals in the house, but the husband never thought that bleach was a true chemical that it was the best for the floors, I ended up letting him clean the floors and gaining muscle because of all his hard work.
  9. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Wow, some REALLY good ideas here!!

I had to laugh at some of them, cause I know it's something I WOULD DO!!!!

I would pour half of it out and dilute it with water, if you can stand to dump it yourself.

Hiding it may make him angry. But getting rid of the whole bottle may be good too.

Like dcnfngrs said...hard to train them, they are like kids, & dogs!

Good luck and let us know what happens!!!
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Dear girl, introduce hubby to color-safe bleach - and then kiss him.

Marta

I WILL learn to type.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/25/2006]
  11. SherylD

SherylD Guest

You guys have some really great ideas...

But what I came up with was just to have a talk with him...I told him he needs to really help me out with all of this..Just like my food he cooks..Or what ever it may be...I am just trying to get better...

Know what he said!!...."I try..but it gets so frustrating"

Know what I said!!...."Really?...How the heck do you think I feel!!!"

The bleach has got go! I will find him something else to use.

Thanks again
  12. Jeanne-in-Canada

It must be very frustrating for him. I was already a chemical gimp when I met mine, so he doesn't know me any other way. but it was tough to train him, he's still absent minded. I used to think he just din't care because it wasn't his problem, but I've learned he's just absent minded ab out everything and always was. His family and friends have well informed me, and told me many hilarious stories. An d I've had some doozies to tell th em too.

As for your hubby, he's jsut learning along w/ you. And he did know you when you were normal, so it has to be baffling for him. I totally know how it is for you. and the hardest for me was when I was trying to figure out what the freak it is this time. That's the worst isn't it. YOu have to try and cut him some slack, and show him some empathy too. It really helps to get them in your corner.

Jeanne
  13. Jeanne-in-Canada

Not all men of course, but mine takes the cake. So for a little levity, I'll tell you a recent story.

I have new sheets on the line (from Christmas no less) that are still outgassing to suit little miss sensitive here. Ron was mowing the lawn and you'd think he'd notice the sheets dragging on the ground a mile away and know to be careful, go around them, or pin them up. Something besides mowing over them.

Here's the kicker - he was using a rotary mower, a push mower. It wasn't even a power lawn mower than got away on him. Luckily he only smulched the corner of the fitted sheet, where it will tuck under. But jeepers creepers. Where does his head really go?

Jeanne
  14. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

OMG!!!!

I can't believe this!
    I DO, but OMG!!!

I laughed so hard I had to tell you!
  15. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Sheryl -- Bleach is horrible!!!! One smell of bleach puts me into severe symptoms for the rest of the day.

It is very difficult for people to understand. My mother uses chemicals constantly, even after many years of my explaining, crying, yelling......still doesn't get it. So, I don't think it's just a man thing. It's just very hard for people to comprehend this level of sensitivity.

I would offer him an alternative, as Storm suggested. I use oxy-clean. My stubborn, creature of habit, mother has even taken to it.....so there is hope :)

If you give him an altnernative, perhaps it will take away some of his frustration with not being able to use anything. When he then sees how well oxy works, he won't miss bleach!

Very frustrating all around.

scapper
  16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

If it is the whiteness he likes, try getting 50 mule borax for him instead, or even some hydrogen peroxide for the whites.

It may be better for you. And the laubndry will be white.

Love Anne Cromwell
  17. Jeanne-in-Canada

It ws going to give you some easy recipes for cheap, nontoxic cleaners for all around the house.

jeanne
  18. JLH

JLH New Member

I just can't believe the number of husbands who actually do laundry and clean !!!!!!!!!

I know I am awfully hard on my DH because he does not do these things .... I keep reminding myself that he is working two jobs and just doesn't have time, and that he does actually do a FEW things for me now that he never used to!

I would be like everyone else ... purchase an alternative to bleach for him to use.

Now my newlywed son has to do HIS OWN laundry because he made the mistake of telling his new wife that she did not fold his blue jeans correctly (like his mother does--me!)!! So she told him that if she couldn't fold his laundry to suit him, that HE could just do it all himself!! So, he has been doing his own laundry for about a year now!! If he has any questions on how to get a stain out, he calls me when she is gone!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  19. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks everybody...Glad I'm not alone on this!!

I just walked down the isle today to grad some laundry soap..My laundry soap..didn't even think of getting him an alternative..LOL

But just walking down that isle I thought I was going to pass out for about 10 min. afterwards...

I don't think there is anything wrong with a guy doing his own laundry...I think it's great...My husbands Mom always did his laundry for him and ironed all of his clothes..The works...But when he started living with me he did his own..

His clothes are dirty and I need to use a special soap so that's how it got started..

He will gladly use any alternative...I just need to get it...I think I will try the Borax..

It is amazing how once you take away things and then you bring them back a while later how much more extreme it's affects are...Like since it had been a while since he used bleach it just really bothered me..it always does but this time it was bad...

I think his frustration is a lack of comunication on my part...I just need to tell him what really bothers me instead of...Goll did you dump the whole bottle of bleach on your clothes!!....LOL

Thanks everyone!!