Husband wants to go with me........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NancyNY, Aug 11, 2003.

1. NancyNY

NancyNY New Member

,......to my next appointment with my pain Dr. My husband is tired of seeing me in pain and thinks that by him going the Dr will give me something stronger. Will this help or not????
  2. chickadee

chickadee New Member

if your husband can be nice and polite and only express his love and concern for you then I think it would help. If he is demanding or accusatory, then that might hurt.
    Barbara
  3. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

My friend says everytime her husband goe`s with her she gets treated soooo much diff., better. I always went with my pts. they said they always got better treatment because I WAS there to back them up. They alot of times got better meds to help them. Doc`s become aliitle more careful knowing they have extra pair of ears hearing them and avoice to back you up....... good luck, men do get listened to better than women alot of times, sad but been proven...
  4. kgg

kgg New Member

with you is always helpful. I don't know about you, but when I go to the doc, I'm tired or in pain and unable to advocate for myself. I need someone to advocate for me. If nothing else be thankful for a husband who cares enough to go with you. Keep us posted please. -Karen
  5. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Hi Nancy,

I is a good idea to have your husband to go with you. THey are there to support you and it helps them learn more about our FM. Some times I hear something different then he does or if I went alone I may forget what was said. He is there for you in sickness and in health.

Rachel
  6. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

a great idea. He can be there to support you and let the doctor know how much pain you are in. The more family gets involved the easier it is for them to understand.
  7. NancyNY

NancyNY New Member

I have been seeing this Dr for a month, have done everything he tells me to do, the herbal pain pills, PT, etc. On my own I am taking extra vitamins, joined a gym and have my husband rub Capsaicin cream on my sore spots. The Dr finally gave me the lowest dose possible Duragesic patches (they help very little and I would like to try a stronger dose). He also told me to continue to take the vicodin for break through pain. I think my husband wants to go just to confirm to this Dr the amount of pain I am in, that the pain meds are not working and that yes I am doing all he wants plus some. My husband would just like to see my pain reduced, especially next week as we are going on vacation and he would like me to enjoy it for once.