husband

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dverre, Aug 26, 2005.

1. dverre

dverre New Member

My hubby told me to stay away from these boards cause he thinks they are making me sicker. He thinks the posts put ideas in my head.

He doesnt understand that it is a relief to know someone else out there feels the same way I do.

He just doesnt understand no matter how much he says he does.
    dverre
  2. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

For the most part I ignored him. I have explained to him that I come here for information that will help me. I have made big improvements in my over-all health since I started coming here.

Husbands can be that way. I guess mine is trying to "protect" me. I love him. He tries to understand fibromyalgia and he is improving in that area.

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My husband was the opposite, he bought me the computer to do research on the Fibromyalgia. I didn't want a computer, I really was not interested in 'learning' anything new (meaning the computer), my brain had enough problems dealing with life as it was.

I found a reference to Pro Health's catalog in one of the books I was reading on Fibro, and had been trying all kinds of brands of magnesium to take, but most were upsetting my stomach.

So I ordered their catalog, got the Pro Energy, and it worked great for me. After that he insisted that I get the computer so I could access their website!

Thats over four years ago, and I am so glad he insisted on this machine. I have gotten more help from this board than I ever did from the doctors, books, articles, etc.

This board, and Pro Health's products have me in better health than I have been in ten years. I have had FM for over twenty years, but had gotten worst as the years went by.

We do disagree on a lot of things, but this board, and FM are not things we argue about. He takes my sickness in stride, and considers the board the pathway to my better health.

Have you husband read some of the posts, and see what he thinks.

Shalom, Shirl

4. elsa

elsa New Member

Tell your husband that doctors who specialize in CFS/FM at Mayo Clinic, Cleaveland Clinic and Johns Hopkins
    Hospital all strongly suggest their patients become members of a CFS/FM support group as part of their treatment.

These docs. are expert in these illnesses and they know what life changes their patients are facing and they recognize the need these patients have in having contact with people who share their experiences.

A few members here have had their significant other (who are struggling with believing CFS/FM is real or life altering) come on and post questions or just to vent. Maybe it would help your husband too.

Good luck,

Elsa