HUSBANDS EEG RESULTS not goodBack to square one

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Well...we finally got the results of HUbbys EEG. Hes been having partial focal Seizures. Now he has to up his seizure meds which is causing him to feel very weak and very tired (he acts like he drank a 6 pack of beer).

Once again, hes no longer allowed to drive until he is stable and a whole yr after the last seizure. Doc is concerned he may not be able to tolerate the high doses of meds so if thast the case we have to start ALL OVER AGAIN with a new drug and God willing it wont make him suicidal, violent or severely depressed because some seizure drugs do that.

Im asking you pray for him and our family. I cried for an hour yesterday after tlkaing with Doc and before hubby got home form work and I had to break the bad news. Hes taking it well for the momment but it usually takes a few days before he slips into depression and anger because he cant drive.

Im greatful to God for keeping him safe because he has been driving up until the test results yesterday...and the fact that for the memment they are small seizures, almost undetectable...he just gets a funny sensation, they last a minute and it goes away. Hes already had three Grand Mals which are the BIG ones that are aweful to see him go thru...we are glad thats not happening right now...hopefully God will look over him and prevent those.

Im angry at God, Im scared and I feel like we are starting all over again. Between working and 4 kids, his health and one person now driving, Im not sure if I will be able to cope...Im exhausted rfom no sleep, Im depressed and Im trying to hide it and stay strong.

Thanks for praying for us and the results. I wish I had better news but once again I feel as if God is putting another trial in our life and Im not sure I understand why. I know he doesnt punish, I just wish I knew his intention for us...we are good people...we need a break...doesnt seem like we will ever get one.

HUGS to ALL!
    -Diane
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am sorry that you carry such a heavy weight, far more than your share. I hope that the change in meds goes smoothly and that you do not have to start over with others. I know not driving must be huge to a man's ego.

I wish I had sage wisdome or answers for you but all I can say is I will hold you in prayer.

Please put your name each week on the weekly prayer chain, so that we get a week by week update and your name stays current.

God Bless you and I ask that he give you strength to endure through all you face.
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Diane: I am so sorry. Sending you hugs. I wish I had some great words of wisdom for you but I don't. All I know is that God is very aware of what is happening and has purpose in this. What that is I haven't a clue. Can I be one of Job's friends who just sat beside him while he grieved. Please don't go it alone. We are all here for you anytime. Please Father come and give Diane peace. Please come and heal her broken heart right now. Please come and comfort her and her husband and show them where to go from here. Please tell them how much You love them and that You aren't punishing them. Please Father come and heal him of this disorder. Please come and do something so amazing in this situation. Please bring order out of the chaos in this situation. Please send some peoplel that You trust to come and help them practically with their needs. Father I thank you and commit them to You knowing that You are doing a good work in them. In Jesus Name. Amen.
    Cath
  4. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

All I can say is that I understand your anger, fear, frustration, and wanting to throw in the towel.

I've had some really bad times as well. 2 1/2 years ago when I was bedridden most of the day each day, my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I had no support from family or friends, it was a scary and difficult time. Life is still difficult. I hope you have some support in your life, if not, I will pray that God supports and keeps you the way that he has kept us despite the horrible trials.

I will pray for you today.

Love, Monkeykat