husband's friend has fibro and NO meds are helping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

the friends wife... she was told by her Dr that she could be prescribed pot....would anyone here use that if it helped with the pain? My husband said that although he dislikes that stuff he said he would be willing to let me use it if it would help.... I just don't think I could even think about using that for pain. what is your opinion about this issue?

love to all
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I would definitely use it if it was legal.I used to smoke in my younger wild yrs. and I know the effects. No doubt it would help.....or at least get your mind off the pain.One thing I did learn, nothing helped me either until I got Vicodin.The Drs. I seen, all said WE DON'T PRESCRIBE Vidodin FOR FM. Well 'luckily' I also have DDD and OA.I tell you,the Vicodin did wonders on my FM.
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

In England they have isolated the pain releif ingredient that is in marajuana and are trialing it.. Don't know how long before it will be available to the public - probably years! from what i have read it is intended to made into a spray that you will spray under your tongue. (but wont have the 'stoned' affect, just pain relief)

It is illegal over in this country, even doctors are not allowed to prescribe it. I have never tried it for pain as i have teenagers living in the house and what do you say to them?.... it's ok for me but not for you.??

Would be interested to hear if it has helped some people though. Although the side affects would be EATING and not moving around much!!
  4. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

I quit smoking cigs 22 yrs ago and was never into pot. Im on 5 different pain meds and they do not help much. Maybe if they were in brownies or something I would try it. Some days you would almost try anything!!

Suzette
  5. tinktink

tinktink New Member

There are days that I feel I might try it if I were in the position to be able to but I have someone living with me who depends on me having clear thoughts. The spray mentioned above sounds promising.... Best Wishes Diana
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am thinking about it too...I mean all meds that all my Dr's prescribed has NOT helped me one bit....I would have to go somewhere secluded so that if I do decide to give it a try I want to make sure that my children are no where near me..again it would only be as needed... I just want the pain to stop!! or to have a few hours without any kind of pain. Suzette, it has been about 21 yrs for me since I quit smoking so I wish there was a way that we could use it without having to use tobaco.

Diana, I have my husband around almost all the time so if I were to use it at least I know my children would have 1 adult with clear thinking.

Love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  7. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

for all your links.

Love, Ann