Husband's getting frustrated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by thirkmom, Apr 22, 2006.

1. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I'm new to the boards but not the fibro and CFS. I've had that for 11 years. Does anyone else have problems like this. Around 7:00-8:00 at night when my husband and I sit down to relax and watch TV I keep dosing off. He taps my shoulder and says, "you're sleeping". I say, "No I'm not--because I don't feel like I've been a sleep. He then tells me to tell him what one of the characters just said. I can't do that when I'm wide awake and paying attention. I don't feel like I've been asleep. It drives my hubby nuts because he says "Why would I lie?"

The worst part of this is that once I get past that initial sleepiness I'm not tired and can't go to sleep until 2:00 to 3:00 in the morning. His point is that if I'm that tired just go to bed. If I do, I'm up in an hour or two pacing the halls anyway. I think I'm entitled to doze off for a few minutes but he wants my company because he hasn't seen me all day and I want to spend time with him. I take 400 mg. of Provigil every morning,which gave me back my life because I was groggy and out of it all day. If I lie down to take a nap in the afternoon, I just lie there and have an anxiety attack because I can't sleep.

Don't get me wrong, my husband is wonderfully supportive but he just doesn't get that I just run out of steam then and going to bed doesn't help. I get up around 9:00-10:00 in the morning. I can't say I feel rested because I never do. I went from sleeping day and night to this. Any ideas, suggestions, same problem? Thanks

LuAnn
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

doyou take anything at night for sleep? try some klonopin itmay help and go to bed...

yes i have been dosing off for over a year now...i thought it was a med i was on, or the shingles i got in feb, march was pneumonia, april was my mother stressing me out for almost two weeks in my apt...she came for a visit...and had to leave back to my dad, again...he was missing her....this was not even after being here a week...makes me sick..two times in 16 years she has visitied me...and has to go home early to michigan to her controlling abusive husband...

i took my klonopin fell asleep for an hour then woke up to go potty, fell asleep fro another hour...and dozed back then up for another hour...and here i am...

they juststarted me out on a very low dose...so i need to call dr. and up the dosage now...so hopefully it will work longer...

well for the husband, first i would be ticked he is quizing you, and i do understand what he is saying if he thinks your sleeping you must be tired...but he doesn't get it..once you just got woke up your brain is over stimulated...and now it can not just click on and say go to sleep...

maybe he should just let you fall asleep on the couch and cover you up w/blanket...

jodie
  3. srh

srh New Member

Tell him you just want a little cat nap and you want to be close to him.

Any hubby wants to cuddle I think.

I know what you mean about not knowing. I just noticed last night, I had started to drift off and thought I was wide awake. Then mine asked if I was going to need my glasses to sleep.
  4. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I posted this message the other day and then crashed and burned all day the next day and then couldn't get anybody off the computer so I could read messages. I take Ambien at bed time. I have to take it and crawl right in bed. If I don't I could fall alseep on the toilet. I did take Klonipin and can't remember why I went off of it. The only thing I can think of was that my wonderful Dr. who had fibro herself drowned in a scuba diving accident about a year and a half ago and I was pretty devastated. She helped me get my disability. When I got a new Dr. he kept me on most of the same meds. so I don't know what happened. If it happened longer than 10 minutes ago, chances are I forgot it. Thanks for your reply. I am going to tell my hubby to bug of if I fall asleep.
    LuAnn
  5. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

Thanks for your reply. If I cuddled with him. I'd probably fall asleep for an hour and then be up and at it again. That or he'd think I was trying to start something. Men!!!
    LuAnn