Husband's getting frustrated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by thirkmom, Apr 22, 2006.

1. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I'm new to the boards but not the fibro and CFS. I've had that for 11 years. Does anyone else have problems like this. Around 7:00-8:00 at night when my husband and I sit down to relax and watch TV I keep dosing off. He taps my shoulder and says, "you're sleeping". I say, "No I'm not--because I don't feel like I've been a sleep. He then tells me to tell him what one of the characters just said. I can't do that when I'm wide awake and paying attention. I don't feel like I've been asleep. It drives my hubby nuts because he says "Why would I lie?"

The worst part of this is that once I get past that initial sleepiness I'm not tired and can't go to sleep until 2:00 to 3:00 in the morning. His point is that if I'm that tired just go to bed. If I do, I'm up in an hour or two pacing the halls anyway. I think I'm entitled to doze off for a few minutes but he wants my company because he hasn't seen me all day and I want to spend time with him. I take 400 mg. of Provigil every morning,which gave me back my life because I was groggy and out of it all day. If I lie down to take a nap in the afternoon, I just lie there and have an anxiety attack because I can't sleep.

Don't get me wrong, my husband is wonderfully supportive but he just doesn't get that I just run out of steam then and going to bed doesn't help. I get up around 9:00-10:00 in the morning. I can't say I feel rested because I never do. I went from sleeping day and night to this. Any ideas, suggestions, same problem? Thanks

LuAnn
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I fall asleep right after dinner a lot of times especially if I am in the recliner. It is normal for me to sleep until 9:30 or 10 PM. Then, I'm up until 2 or so. Figure that we eat dinner 7:30 to 8 PM.

Tonight I was so tired because I only got 5 hours of sleep last night due to GERD chest pains and had the same thing tonight. The pain meds I need to take keep me awake and I can't sleep all night.

I'm going to bed soon, as my husband just got up and has to work. I probably won't get up until noon or 1 PM.

Even if I sit up after dinner, I fall asleep sitting up on the sofa, so I don't know if it is a med I take before dinner or after dinner. I also have diabetes, so it could be that.

I'm fine until after dinner and then I just get really sleepy. Even if I go to bed around 2 AM, I'll sleep until 11 AM or so. So I just don't get it at all. I struggle just to watch the show American Idol. Then once I am awake, I'm okay.

I wish I had answers but I don't.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has crazy sleep habits. I hate the feeling that I was asleep and it didn't feel like it. I'm like you, once I get by that initial sleepiness then I'm okay and can't sleep when everyone else goes to bed. Isn't this just the most fun.
    Hang in there,
    LuAnn
  4. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Hi there LuAnn,
    I'm also new to this site! But just like you, I'm NOT new to Fibromyalgia or CFS. I was diagnosed with "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" or (as my doctor then called it, Epstein-Barr-Virus" back in 1998.) Then was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 7years ago. But I can definately relate to your "sleep problem"! I too, get very tired in the evening. But when I do go to bed, I'm up every 2-4 hours like clock work! Sometimes, I'll get up in the middle of the night and have actually "fallen asleep" standing up at the kitchen sink, or elsewhere. I take "Ritalin" for the fatigue,(beleive it or not, I did take the Provigial, but it didn't work!) Be glad that you have a "supportive husband"! I've been remarried for only 5 months and my husband in NOT supportive at all! It's gotten to the point to where I have regretted doing the re-marrying thing! (Well I won't bore you with that.) But I do hope that we can talk more in the future! Hang in there! We can't give up, or let this disease get the best of us! Let's just "All" lean on each other for suppor!
    "Take Care"
    and
    "GOD Bless",
    Kelly
  5. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I appreciated your reply. We have a lot in common right down to falling asleep at the kitchen sink. I've done that before and then fallen over. It wakes my husband up and he can't figure out how I fell and quite honestly neither can I. All I know is I had a lot of bruises that I could not explain.

I'd love to talk to you again. Can we give email addresses online? I'm new to this chat room and message board thing too,

I'm sorry for the late reply. I have been so tired and painful that I haven't gotten on the computer for the last 5 days. Thanks again. LuAnn

6. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I don't want you to think I'm blowing you off. I've got my grand daughter 2 1/2 years old and she's running my show right now, especially computer time. I'll get back with you tonight when I get her to bed. Later. LuAnn
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I find that if I don't go to bed about 7.30-8.00pm then I cannot get to sleep until 2.00am. So I go and sleep a couple of hours, then listen to the radio a couple of hours and usually get back to sleep around 4 or 5 for a couple of hours.

I am sorry your DH is waking you when you nod off. Cannot he just leave you to nap for 20 mins? I would try and prearrange that if possible.

I am even thinking of going back on the amytriptiline due to restless sleep, even though it makes me edgy.

Love Anne C