Husbands or Boyfriends Jealous?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Apr 22, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Just wondering if your husband or mate ever gets a little jealous because you spend too much time on this board. I spend a lot of time here.

I just got this computer about 2 months ago and my boyfriend will come in the room every 20 min. or so and say "what are you doing" or "what are you hacking about." It drives me crazy. He told me a few min. ago that he was gonna throw this computer out the window.

He knows this board has helped me tremendously, but I think he is a little jealous about me spending so much time here. Anyone else have this problem? Just wondering?
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just don't think most get it
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

I bet your new boyfriend wonders about you being on the computer b/c that's where the two of you met. I bet that crossed his mind.

My boyfriend is a wonderful person. We are the best of friends, but I think he's just a wee bit jealous. He's not possesive or anything like that at all. He was just kinda kidding when he said he was gonna throw computer out the window.

Hopefully he will get used to it, cause I'm gonna be spending a lot more time here. We all need our friends that we can share this same DD with. He is snoring right now. Gosh, wish I could sleep that sound!!!

Kriket
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

LOL!!! Sometimes that what you feel like doing!!!

Kriket
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Well, that's good to know. Maybe you should ask him why he asked you that? Bet he was just a little curious and maybe a bit insecure. As long as YOU know him and trust him. Time will tell and will show his true colors. Sounds like he is a really nice guy though. Does not sound like you need to be worried.

Kriket
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and if it doesn't work out, throw him out the window and try and get a new one that may understand....

i didn't realize you met your bf on the internet...so i guess that could cross his mind...but heck tell him to check the histroy on the computer of where you have logged in at if he doesn't believe you...

right now i have no bf...i guess i need to take care of me right now and my son, sho is 16 yrs, and start feeling better and lose some of this ad weight...maybe then i will have some confidence...

i just am afraid i will meet another man that thinks i am beautiful and fit but doesn't get how the heck i feel on inside....

had ex-hb made comments about it...then the ex bf made comments...whatever...i'm 41 and the longer i go w/o sex the less i think i want any,,,

maybe it would be nice to have someone to go do things with ..

jodie
  7. millennia

millennia New Member

I've actually threatened to throw my boyfriends computer out the window. Maybe he just wants to spend time with you. He might be feeling lonely and wondering why you are on the computer instead of with him. That's how I felt with my boyfriend.
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

I'm not really worried much about it. There is no way in hell I would ever cheat, I am just not that way. I did not meet him on computer, that was Mable.

I can see where he would be worried b/c there is so much junk on the internet. To be honest w/ you, this is the only place I really ever visit. I think he's just trying to get used to us having a computer finally and that I am spending a little more time here than he thought I would. He'll get used to it.

We have a very close relationship. Hope I can get the point across that he does not think I'm cheating or doing something wrong, guess he misses my attention.

I don't care who you are with, if your mate does noy have this DD they can not understand you in a way that people here can, that actually feel the same things that you do. He's just a little jealous of computer, but guess what? He can and will GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

KRIKET
  9. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

In fact he is happy that I have found this place. As a result he has learned more about CFS/FM.

We each have a computer in the same room, so we both "work" together alot. He is a web developer so he spends at least as much time online as I do. LOL
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

NO WAY. that's not it at all. I simply think he wants me to pay a little more attention to him. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts. You guys are very open and supportive and I appreciate that.
  11. Bambi

Bambi New Member

to watch tv with picture in picture while online. So it's lack of his time watching what he wants to on tv more than anything. If I turn the unit off to talk he falls asleep in mid sentence so I might as well be online. I don't really think we've had a dozen serious whole conversations in 35 years so you learn to occupy yourself. Of course that doesn't include arguing or the five minutes of what he thinks about something that I manage to drag out of him. I don't even know the person really.