Husbands-ya' gotta love them!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by epicurean, Jul 24, 2003.

1. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I have FM,and just this week I had injection in sacrum for some serious pain.Hope this helps, at least till they can find the cause.Yesterday,when my hubby came home from work I noticed he had some info on maid service with him.Seems he is looking to have someone come into our home and clean for me twice a month,I do a lot,but can't keep up the way I would like-and yes,he does a lot to help!!
    I read a lot on here,and know the trouble some of you have with family not being very understanding ,to say the least.
    Well,I just wanted to say how great my guy is-and for anyone out there who has a great spouse,or partner,don't forget to tell them how much you appreciate them.Now I can spend my time cooking,(what I love to do) for him!!!
    Just thought something positive would be a nice change.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/24/2003]
  2. shoshi68

shoshi68 New Member

I have a good portion of family who thinks I can just change the way I feel at will. Not my hubby. He gets it, and I let him know how grateful I am. He has a houskeeper come in twice a week, and has pitched in with laundry, etc. I can't always cook so he brings it in. I don't know what I would do without him! This has been trying on us, but we are now adjusting.
  3. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Glad to hear someone else is as lucky as me!!Best to you,and hope you feel better soon.
  4. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Somethings in life are priceless and my husband is one of them, thanks for the topic:p
  5. stickley4u

stickley4u New Member

My Honey has been really great and gets me thru some of the rough times with humor. I'm not sure how he manages to find something to laugh about, but he does. One time he was on crutches (knee surgery), my daughter was on crutches (horse play?), and I am having a flare-up and he goes "Race?" His jokes are usually corn-ball, but they do the trick. He also helps with cleaning, cooking, driving. Thanks, Epicurean, for the nice change. My daughter and son are a geat help, too. when we are walking and I need to stop and rest, they will say, "Gee, Mom, I'm glad you stopped so we could look at this cool tree. . .or whatever is near." Yep, I thank God for them. thanks for that. take care and God bless. stickley4u
  6. stickley4u

stickley4u New Member

When I was first having fibro flare-ups, my kids, being the helpful sort that they are were wanting to help me up the stairs. My daughter (about 9 or so) was in front holding my hand and she told my son (5-4) to stay behind me in case I fell I would have something soft to land on. Kids. . . .you gotta love em! stickley4u
  7. jka

jka New Member

mine did the same thing when i was diagnosed with lupus 16 yrs ago!he is a wonderful and supportive partner.i don't know what i would do without him.

kathy c