hydrogen peroxide, epsom salts baths question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobbycat, Mar 5, 2009.

1. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

How much of both do you typically put in.
  2. nixon

nixon New Member

I used to do those ALOT, I think it helped make me feel a bit better! At least it was REALLY relaxing!

I also put baking soda in mine. As for the peroxide, not a whole lot, the epsome salts, I usually buy the carton containers, ( I have a BIG garden tub) I'd put about 1 third of the carton. Baking soda, maybe a quarter of the box.

I'll tell you....I should'va bought stock in those companys ( LOL) because I used to soak in a tub of that just about everyday!! Some days twice. As a matter of fact, that's what I need right now....a relaxing soak in the soda,salts, & peroxide tub!
    Maybe someone else will pipe up soon with their opinion! Andrea
  3. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

It gives me an idea with out widely dumping. Thanks for your repy
  4. nixon

nixon New Member

I saw in another post, someone said they put 16 ozs. in there bath, and had a bad reaction!! That blew my mind-----I only put maybe 4-6 tablespoons......just a quick pour out of the bottle! Nothing crazy like that! I hope the soaks help you, I did one this afternoon & it was GREAT!
  5. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I do the epsom salt bathes,it really takes some of the aches out. I've seen before on here about putting peroxide in with and I asked Dr. about his. He said the peroxide would not be a good thing to do because it not only takes away the bad stuff but also the good and could cause problems. That was his opinion,not mine. I don't know what to think of it. So I haven't used it. Maybe a small amount would be ok?
    Hugs,Robin
    edited to add: I never heard of using baking soda
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2009]
  6. Jayna

Jayna New Member

I use 1 cup Epsom salts and 1/3 cup baking soda (the latter needed because we have very hard water).

If I've been having sinus issues, I'll add a few drops of essential oil of eucalyptus as well.

I stay in for about 20 minutes a time.