Hydroplained this morning going to work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kriket, Oct 22, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I was running late this morn. and was trying really hard to get to work on wet roads plus it was still raining. I came around a sharp curve and my car just kept gliding.

I did a 360 then went into the ditch and finally came to a rest about a foot from a fence. I quickly got out of the ditch beofre I got stuck.

My car and I are ok, but I am getting a little sore from the spinning and adrenaline, and tensing up. I am just glad that I am ok. Hope all of you are doing ok.

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am so glad you are okay, that must have been scary! Thank goodness you didn't get really hurt, sorry that you sore. Has the bad weather stopped?

I am in the middle of the crazy winds here in So. Cal. and the yucky, smokey air. Hope the wind dies down soon, so the firefighters can do their job.

My posts got erased, I am sure you noticed. I hope everything is okay. Do you have any idea why she's gone? Hope you are having a better evening. Talk to ya soon, Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2007]
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Thanks. Yea. I'm a little sore. Is your home in the fire path? The weather here just all of a sudden turned cold, so that on top of the twisting and turning have made me more sore than usual.

Yea, noticed that the posts were gone, but everything is ok. Don't think we are supposed to talk about it,so I won't.

I only got 3 hrs. of sleep last night, so I was really tired this morn.

4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Three hours of sleep, that stinks! Hope you get much better sleep tonight.

No, my home is not in the fire path, but the air is brown, windy, and dirty. The kids are not allowed outside at school. My husband is a firefighter and got called in this afternoon, so far he is just manning the station. He may or may not go to one of the 17 or so fires tomorrow. He went to the large fire in Big Bear a couple of weeks ago for 5 days. These fires are even more scary because of the unpredictability of the winds. FF's from other states are being called in. It is absolutely nuts!

Well, I know we aren't supposed to talk about it either, so I won't. But, she will be greatly missed. It's just strange. Get some rest and feel better. Kim :)
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

I will probably sleep good tonight. I worked all weekend and then worked this morning. Gave 2 massages after wrecking,there has been no other time that I sure wished I was getting a massage!!! LOL

I know that you worry about your husband and those big fires,but thank goodness for fire fighters-they are tough!!! Hope you sleep well tonight also.

Love Kriket