Hydroxycobalamin - a few questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foxglove9922, Nov 19, 2005.

1. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been off the board for a bit so forgive me if this topic has already been covered but I have a few questions.

I've been terribly anemic for some time now. Colonoscopy/endoscopy didn't reveal anything. My diet is perfect so me and my physician are perplexed why I remain this way after several months on Slow FE and B12 injections. Looking into possible candida overgrowth, labs should be back soon.

Dr. Cheney recommends a better form of B12 called hydroxycoblulumin. Has anyone here tried it? Is it IM or subcutaneous? This needle looks much longer than the subcutaneous one I've been using.

Thanks a bunch for any responses.......foxglove
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/21/2005]
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

i have taken hydroxycobalamin IM and now methylcobalamin. I usually shoot it into the navel area or the hip (missing the sciatic nerve). I continue to have low ferritin levels. I have been getting glutathione iv's and wonder if they have helped. You may wish to google glutathione and anemia. i believe there is some connection. Many of us with CFS and FMS have glutathione deficiency. Best wishes. Jen102
  3. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I also take a patented form of oral glutathione as well as weekly injections of glutathione. Wish I could get it in IV form.

Is it possible to do IM in the navel area?

Many thanks.......foxglove
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I give myself hydrox.injections twice a week. It does help some although it's not a miracle. I think the hydroxy.is better absorbed.
    They are given IM and I usually use the top of the leg or the butt! It can feel a little irritating going in.

Good Luck

Kathy
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Many thanks for all that responded. I too will probably use my upper thighs or butt for the IM. Between the IM B12 and magnesium as well as daily Human Growth Hormone and Hepapressin, I'm injecting myself 13 times a week.....no wonder I feel like a pincushion.

best wishes to all........foxglove