hydroxycobalamin (B12) anyone feel better with use?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ruby711, Mar 25, 2006.

1. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I am wondering if anyone has been helped in terms of increased energy and decreased brain fog with hydroxycobalamin(a form of Vit B12). It differs from cyanacobalamin (another form of B12) in that I think it crosses the blood brain barrier. Any comments welcome.
    ruby
  2. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

Ive been using the cyano form of b-12 and it seems to help me, but Im unfamilar w/the other form of B12. I am interested in finding out as well,
    Good Luck,
    Iggy
  3. Kryssi

Kryssi New Member

My doctor has me on a sublingual B12 instead of an injectable, called methylcobalamin. 3mg daily under the tongue. This is supposed to be better than the other form, the following is an excerpt:

"The most common form of vitamin B12 is called hydroxycyanocobalamin. However, over the last 10 years, a number of central and peripheral neurological diseases have been related to a deficiency of a very specific cobalamin, the methylcobalamin form, that is required to protect against neurological diseases. The liver converts a small amount of hydroxycyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin within the body, but larger amounts of methylcobalamin are necessary to correct neurological defects."

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I have one injection a week (UK).

On the day of the injection my brain fog decreases substantially - I can do a crossword in 15 mins that on other days can take me hours.

In terms of energy, I have a little more energy but thats all.

The effects dont carry over to the following day but I'm grateful for what I can get.

love
    Rosie
  5. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I may try the methy form of B12 as well as the hydroxy form. I will write again about how I do with the hydroxy form. Thanks again for responses.
    ruby

[ advertisement ]