Hymn Request

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Asatrump, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Jinlee asked if was was the one who used to do hymn requests, the answer is yes.

My life seemed to spin since last spring, my 36 daughter appedix, sil a heart problem then 7 year grand daughter a heart problem. Then my husband retired and 27 days later found cancer. After he recuperated from his major surgery my sil got pneumonia and pulmonary embolisms and missed 6 weeks of work.

The good news is the surgery I expected on myself, rectocele and cystocele has been cancelled. GYN/URO was ready for surgery in both spring and summer but I canceled due to family.

Saw this doctor 12/18 and he evidently did research on my fms and said that surgery would not cure my frequency/urgency issues as bladder is a muscle and spasms from fms. Pills to calm when it hits. I feel a weight taken off.

********** Sometimes I have trouble finding hymns. I have hymnals from Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist and UCC.

Please list your hymn and I will try and find it, then I will keep a list on the piano of your name and request and play it daily for a week for you.

I feel badly I stopped responding here at the worship board, but felt too drained. I did read, and I did pray. Even while my husband was in surgery there was a computer in the waiting room to guide my prayers.
  2. jinlee

jinlee Member

I am sorry if I pushed you into something you are not ready for. Just because I missed your being there for a hymn doesn't mean it is the time for it. I understand your situation. You have been through the mill so to speak.

So, be assured it is okay if you say not yet for the hymns. Don't overdo it. I typed before I thought too clearly about things. That happens at 3 or so in the morning! Sorry.

Jinlee.

(I guess your ministry was just so missed in my heart and that of others.)
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Please go ahead and list hymn requests. The new year is about to start, and I am hoping for some calm.

I will start with my favorite hymn:

HOW GREAT THOU ART
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I wrote to you on your other post but you may not have seen it. I am glad you are taking requests again.

Caffey is very sick in the hospital and I am going to make a request for her. Do you know He Touched Me? Cath is a huge fan of the Gaithers so since Bill Gaither wrote this I know she would love to have this one played.

I am glad that you are doing this again. That tells me that maybe your life has calmed down somewhat. I sure hope so.

Love,
    Nancy
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

And, I promise to play them all starting on Monday. Still cleaning up from the holidays, glad my husband is retired now, the extra hands are great.
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Little Blue and Hangin, will play Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah this week for you.
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I hope that you remember me. I am so sorry to have been gone for so long. It was just such a bad time for me for a long time....too much to go into now.

I am so sorry to read that you had so many problems...but I will surely help pray.

Love and hugs...mari
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

HI Asa,

I do not come to the Worship Board alot but like to see what is going on and if per chance I could ever help or get some words of wisdom for another person.

I just checked the Worship Board just now and read the posts that you and the others had written back to you. I just love to sing, always have and sing in the church choir as well as others. Have you heard the saying - (it is something like this) - To sing to God is like Praying Twice. The words are not exactly right I know but it says alot.

So you are praying to God for everyone who has given you a Hymn to sing. How selfless and sweet you are.. Also as someone else said though, don't over do it but if it is something you just love to do you probably won't tire out quickly, or any more that you normally do. However, be careful !! Keep on playing and singing. Do you play the organ or piano or both?

Will check on you later on.

God bless you and everyone on this board !!

Blessings and hugs,

Granni
  9. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

from one granny to another granni..... I am retired now, but was a church musician, choir director and organist. I was a piano major in college many decades ago. I no longer have access to an organ, I miss the power from the King of Instruments, especially at holiday time. No great feeling than playing "HE LIVES" on Easter.

Piano not the same... rather like having a trio after being in a full orchestra.

Happy grannihood!
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Keeping playing that piano hon. Think I can hear it from NY(-: !! I used to live there but not central, more like Long Island. You are right the organ is MAGNIFICENT !!!

Hope this finds you feeling OK today.

BTW, I have 8 grandchildren. How many do you have?

More later !

Blessings,

Granni