Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jubea, Jan 11, 2003.

1. jubea

jubea New Member

I have had multiple chemical sensitivities, fibromyalgia and cfs for approximately 30 years. I have tried just about everything and many therapies have helped. I attribute these therapies to not being any worse than I am at this point. I am about to take hyperbaric oxygen thereapy, at least 10 units, because I understand that there is some evidence that the high level of oxygen that is infused into the cells could be responsible for killing the virus'es and bacteria since they cannot thrive in a highly oxygenated cell. I am curious about what others may have heard about this therapy as it relates to cfs and if anyone else has tried it.
  2. jaster45

jaster45 New Member

I have not used it personally but have read about it.I do know people who have used it with success.CFS causes a body condition which causes ones physiology in the mitocondria to faulter in its oxygen exchange and waste removal causing massive fatigue,There is a great deal more to it but this will do.So yes increasing ones oxygen levels at the cellular level helps to eliminate bacteria,viruses and fungus.It helps ones Ph too.Aero means life and anerobic means without life.Most all fungus,bacteria and viruses live and flurish in an anerobic environment.Many hospitals and integrative clinics now use the hyperbaric chambers in the treatment of disease.Not cheap at all,but if it works it is priceless.

Best wishes in your treatment!

Jaster45
  3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Does your insurance cover this form of therapy? What type of doctor prescribed this for you? Just curious.
    Sincerely, Sleeper01
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

You might want to come back during the week and post to "JellyBellly" on this....I guess she is not here right now. I think she is using this treatment, or some sort of oxygen treatment right now.
    KLutzo
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Cheney has an article on a breathing exercise which helps get more oxygen into the system to help flight off anaerobic pathogens in the body. Of course the benefits won't be as dramatic as using oxygen under pressure, but it's something we all can do which is free, good for us, and makes us feel better.

Love, Mikie