Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mistyd96, May 29, 2006.

1. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

Anyone researched or tried this?

Misty
  2. yesnettv

yesnettv New Member

Some studies have shown that it helps symptoms.
    Studies show that it kills viral, bacterial and fungal pathogens.

Friday I discussed this with www.drspectscan.com in Santa Monica, CA. He now has a chamber and is using it on some with FM and Chronic fatigue.

A doc must refer you for it. He said it takes 30 - 40 treatments, but you can tell if it is helping after about 4. The price is $125 per session. I am considering it. Just have to figure out how to pay for it. Insurance won't pay for this for these problems.

This guy is one of the top spect scan guys in the country. He says in many people there are changes in the brain that he can see on the scan - interesting!
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

1. Research this very very deeply.

2. Even MRIs and functional MRIs show brain changes.

3. Especially research what hyperbaric treatments can do to one's eyes.

4. Don't believe everything you hear, or read about cures for CFS.

Sorry, I don't believe it..

findmind
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I participated in a study at a major university with the chamber. It did give me some temp help but it diminished after it was over.

I do have a friend that built his own home use chamber and he reoovered with it and sells them. So I think there is something to it but it needs to be done over a long period with a home chamber to get results.

So if the lotto comes in I might buy a home chamber for the spare bedroom!

jay
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

Is this the kind where you can walk in and sit down? I saw one like that on TV so I am wondering???
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I tried it about a year and a half ago. My doctor at the time had one. You lie in a claustrophobic, elongated bubble that's completely enclosed for about an hour, and the doctor fills up the chamber with extra oxygen.
    It didn't do anything for me, alas, but I only did it several times.

I've also had ozone therapy done, where they gently blow ozone into your ears (or in some cases, your rectum).
    These are good in theory, and they may help some people. The idea is that oxygenation of your cells will help kill bacteria, viruses, etc.
    But they really didn't help me.
    Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2006]