Hypercoagulation and Anticardiolipin Connection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by virtuoso, Jan 1, 2007.

1. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

Does anyone of you who have Hypercoagulation have also been tested positive for Cardiolipin antibody.

I'm a little confused at this point if one could have both of these conditions at the same time.

I hope to hear from someone about it.

Thanks, and happy New Year to everyone.

Virtuoso

2. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

There is so much knowledge on this board. I do hope that someone can help me with this question.

Thanks,

Virtuoso
  3. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

and was the given the diagnosis of Lupus...Now my current Rhuemy is saying I have positve Lupus tests in response to having Hep C...an auto immune response...

It is what it is...

I have many labels for this DD...It's all the same thing!(Take a look at my bio for all of the Names ot this Disease)

I don't get caught on the Title anymore...just looking to relive my symptoms and reverse some of them...

Like sleeping when it's 4 am, and I've been up since 1:30am!

Suz

PS the irony of having Anti Cardiolipin is it is an antibody against the clotting mechanism...so one would think you would BLEED more, but the opposite happens...You Clot MORE...and at higher risk for Thromosis, and I believe strokes...I have has strokes show up on my CAT scans...

A Baby aspirin a day helps to keep you from clotting/hyper coagulation.[This Message was Edited on 01/03/2007]
  4. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

It was very helpful.

I usuallu try to do all of my own research but lately my "brainfog" is way ahead of me.

I've been diagnosed with CFS for 16+ years with high titers of EBV, HHV-6 and CMV. I have also found to be ANA positive since that time.

After all these years, however, I still don't know what kind of autoimmune disease I actually have.

I've been tested for so many of them (definitely all the ones that you listed in yout profile) and was told that I don't have any of them.

Even though the Anticardiolipin test is relatively new for me, the results have been positive for the past few years.

Interesting, that my doctor had me stop taking bromelain at about the same time. I was using it to control my consistently high sedimentation rate.

I don't think I've been tested for Hypercoagulation, though. Something that I am going to check with my doctor next time I see him.

When I give myself B-12 injections, the bleeding continues afterwards for awhile - something that was not happening to me before. That is why I am a little bit confused right now.

Thank you again for your help.

Be well,

Toma
  5. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Glad to be of help!

Be well too!

Suz