Hypercoagulation: To Jellybelly & All

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seans, Feb 3, 2003.

1. seans

seans New Member

Hi All. Jellybelly, you wrote:

The second thing was to be treated for the hypercoagulation. The blood in this state has an over abundance of a substance called fibrin. It is common in chronically ill people, they have known about it for years, but they are just beginning to believe that we ARE chroincally ill. It not only thickens the blood but it coats the inside of the viens like Teflon. This makes it impossible for nutrients and oxygen to pass through to the tissues. So no matter how many supplements you take they are not going to be put where your body needs them. It also makes it difficult for toxins to be removed from the tissues for the same reason. This part is also very important, the fibrin actually intombs all kinds of crud, like mycoplasma or other pathogen where ABX can't get to them. They don't cause problems when they are intombed, but if they do at some point get released then you are back at square one even if you had gotten ridden of them with ABX.

There is another advantage to taking the Heparin which is used to treat the hypercoagulation, it is an immune system shifter, like you mentioned above. Shifting the two main parts of our immune system back into balance. That is just a neat little side effect they have discovered about heparin.

I have had my cfs for 6 years. I have done a mountain of research and am implementing numerous strategies to combat my cfs. One of the problems that bothers me the most, aside from the fatigue, is my body's inability to produce any aerobic energy. I can't exercise b/c I can't get oxygen.

Anyway, I have my first appointment with a doctor with experience treating pwc patients this Thursday. She has 15 years in treating cfids patients. I want to raise the blood coagulation issue with her.

IS THERE A TEST THAT REVEALS THIS HYPERCOAGULATION?

HOW DOES ONE TAKE HEPARIN (BY INJECTION, OR PILL?)? IS THE HEPARIN SAFE? IS IT BY PRESCRIPTION?

How long did it take for you to notice a difference in the fibrin problem? Are there any tests that can objectively show the fibrin problem improving?

I realize these are a lot of questions but sure appreciate your help. Thanks, Sean.
  2. TerriM

TerriM New Member

great info! I looked at my immunoassay and I did have the C-Reactive Protein test -- mine was <0.3 (reference range 0.0-0.8) which is normal. Does that mean then that I don't have Hypercoagulation? If not, I saw that dr. cheney says heparin isn't the best shifter to use and it should be another. Thanks also for the other info on TH1/TH2 testing! Terri