Hypercoagulation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dojomo, Dec 13, 2002.

1. dojomo

dojomo New Member

3 STUDIES and the MERCURY connection...... Studies are hard to read so I just copied results....any of these reports and more can be found at PubMed site............

1)

The effect of mercuric chloride on blood coagulation and fibrinolysis in rats was studied.

The mercurial was administered to the animals intragastrically in a single dose of 17.9 mg Hg/kg and the effects were tested on the 1st, 3rd and 7th day.

The symptoms of hypercoagulability accompanied by decreased fibrinolytic activity of the plasma were observed in the poisoned rats. The main reason of the lowered fibrinolytic activity seemed to be the inhibition of plasma plasminogen activator or the inhibition of plasminogen activation reaction catalyzed by this enzyme

The results of the study indicated that chronic exposure to mercury may impair haemostasis and lead to hypercoagulability. The latter may result from the deficiency of natural coagulation inhibitors

2)
    Effect of mercury (II) chloride on hemostasis] [Article in German]
    Klocking HP.

Haemostatic disorders in rats were recorded by means of thrombolastography, following one single intravenous application of 10 mg of mercury dichloride/kg.

The disorders become manifest initially in the form of hypercoagulation and later as a hyperfibrinolytic condition
    Blood coagulation changes in rats poisoned with methylmercuric chloride (MeHg).

3)
    Kostka B, Michalska M, Krajewska U, Wierzbicki R. Department of Biochemistry, Medical Academy, Lodz, Poland.

The effects of methylmercuric chloride on the coagulability of blood were studied in rats.

The administration of a single dose (17.9 mg Hg/kg) and a repeated dose (5 X 8 mg Hg/kg/day) of this compound resulted in hypercoagulation. The reduction of the clotting time, the increase of fibrinogen level in plasma and changes characteristic of hypercoagulation in the thromboelastographic parameters were observed.

Simultaneously, signs of impaired activity of blood platelets: decreased aggregation velocity and clot retraction as well as prolongation of the bleeding time were noticed
  2. dojomo

dojomo New Member

3 STUDIES and the MERCURY connection...... Studies are hard to read so I just copied results....any of these reports and more can be found at PubMed site............

1)

The effect of mercuric chloride on blood coagulation and fibrinolysis in rats was studied.

The mercurial was administered to the animals intragastrically in a single dose of 17.9 mg Hg/kg and the effects were tested on the 1st, 3rd and 7th day.

The symptoms of hypercoagulability accompanied by decreased fibrinolytic activity of the plasma were observed in the poisoned rats. The main reason of the lowered fibrinolytic activity seemed to be the inhibition of plasma plasminogen activator or the inhibition of plasminogen activation reaction catalyzed by this enzyme

The results of the study indicated that chronic exposure to mercury may impair haemostasis and lead to hypercoagulability. The latter may result from the deficiency of natural coagulation inhibitors

2)
    Effect of mercury (II) chloride on hemostasis] [Article in German]
    Klocking HP.

Haemostatic disorders in rats were recorded by means of thrombolastography, following one single intravenous application of 10 mg of mercury dichloride/kg.

The disorders become manifest initially in the form of hypercoagulation and later as a hyperfibrinolytic condition
    Blood coagulation changes in rats poisoned with methylmercuric chloride (MeHg).

3)
    Kostka B, Michalska M, Krajewska U, Wierzbicki R. Department of Biochemistry, Medical Academy, Lodz, Poland.

The effects of methylmercuric chloride on the coagulability of blood were studied in rats.

The administration of a single dose (17.9 mg Hg/kg) and a repeated dose (5 X 8 mg Hg/kg/day) of this compound resulted in hypercoagulation. The reduction of the clotting time, the increase of fibrinogen level in plasma and changes characteristic of hypercoagulation in the thromboelastographic parameters were observed.

Simultaneously, signs of impaired activity of blood platelets: decreased aggregation velocity and clot retraction as well as prolongation of the bleeding time were noticed
  3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

.......to understand a lot of studies.

The thing I have learned is that our exposure to mercury is NOT just amalgams......industrial emissions and pharmacuetical uses are other means

The part the RED FLAGS me and has sparked my interest is ..all the recent government activity relating to mercury exposure....

Just since 1999.....

The EPA wants to cut industrial mercury emissions 90% by 2010

The FDA is alerting us to limit fish consumption

WHO ( world health organization) is eliminating mercury preservatives from vaccines and other pharmacueticals

Mercury amalgams and thermometers have been banned

The American Hospital Association signed an agreement with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) last summer calling for the elimination of mercury from hospital waste by 2005.

All this tells me that the government must think that levels are too high...

and when I study low level exposure....all of our symptoms can be related to heavy metal exposure...specifically mercury.

we don't know how much exposure we actually have just in day to day living.....

I'm begining to feel like we our victims of our own pollution....

[This Message was Edited on 12/14/2002]