Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunshine26, Sep 15, 2008.

1. sunshine26

sunshine26 New Member

Hi all. This is my first post. I was wondering if other people are super sensitive too. I cannot stand any tags on my cloths, can hardly wear a bra anymore (have to wear camisoles), cannot wear any shorts that hit at the back of my knee (the rubbing against the back of my knee feels like razors), and pants that touch my calves. Also, does it feel like anyone who talks to you is shouting when they're not? I am constantly telling my husband and son to tone it down. And smell, forget about it! Ugggh!
  2. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

I have noticed that I am hypersensitive to a lot of things, although not quite as much on the touching part. Its more sound and light that get to me the most. But occasionally the touch will get me too. Like the other day, my husband was rubbing my leg muscles for me, really lightly, but in certain spots, I just couldn't take it at all. So weird...
  3. wendysj

wendysj New Member

I am definitely over sensitive. It comes and goes for me though. Sometimes I'm watching TV or the listening to the radio when all of the sudden it seems way louder than it was 5 seconds ago. Also, light and smells are really bad. I cannot go into stores that sell all the perfumes/lotions/sprays. Even candles that smell are sometimes too much.

I feel your pain! Welcome to the message boards!

4. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Oh yes , I sure am.

Lights in stores make me squint and sometimes my eyes hurt.Sounds are sometimes very irritating and deafening. I can't stand the clothing tags either . I can't stand too tight things , or anything rubbing against my skin .

When I was married , my ex would rub my back and I couldn't stand it ( maybe that one is because I couldn't stand my ex : )

So , yes , almost all stimuli is too much for me , to answer your question.

And welcome to a message board that I have found to be full of very caring and loving people !

5. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

If I don't take my lyrica at the exact same time every night I become unbearably sensitive to touch. If I get a bug bite on my leg I can't itch because my nails feel like ice cubes. Some time touches feel like burning. I can't wear shoes anymore even with the lyrica because my feet are too sensitive, despite the fact my shoes are a size and a half too big. My hands can get sensitive as well. Clothes don't bother me until I take them off, then any place the clothes were putting pressure on start to burn. There's a lot of other things, but that's the gist.

6. 3sa

3sa New Member

My kids think I'm crazy. I couldn't attend my nephews birthday party because my clothes hurt me. I can't wear a bra either, and I sometimes have trouble wearing underwear.
    Lights, noise, heat & cold all bother me.
  7. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Me too. Earplugs are my friends. So are my sunglasses, even inside the grocery store. Cooking is like torture because of the smells, and then I can't eat what I cook.

Don't listen to music anymore, makes me nervous...and I rarely turn on the TV. I only wear soft cotton and only wear a bra when I absolutely have to.

Shaving my legs is one of the worst things, I go au natural most of the year. Scented lotions, perfume...makes me nauseous. I could go on and on....

Gee, isn't FM fun???????????????????
  8. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

Many people with these disorders are senstive to light, sound, touch, smell, etc.

There is a lot of support here. Welcome to the group.
  9. Engel

Engel New Member

it sucks
  10. kmkon

kmkon New Member

I also am hyper-sensitive. Lately, I'm telling my husband to stop screaming when he's talking to me. I can't stand the kids just being normal kids and making lots of noise. My husband and kids can no longer wear their perfumes and nail polish remover sends me through the roof. My family doesn't seem to understand these smells make me get almost an instant headache. I haven't found the clothing a problem yet and hope I don't. But noise and smells are a real battle. Hang in there!
  11. niecsey

niecsey New Member

I cannot bear air freshner in the house it makes me ill! Also noise/voices sound very loud at time and havemy head spinning and hubbys aftershave ........ omg he swears he aint put much on!lolalso eyes very sensitive to light supermarkets are worse makes me feel yucky :(
  12. sunshine26

sunshine26 New Member

Nice to know I am not alone. Also, what about sunglasses? Anyone feel like they are a vice grip on your head??!! Yea, the wispy hair thing gets me too, but it also gives me such a headache to clip it back. Maybe I'll shave it off. haha.