Hypersomnia

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by StarGazer75, Sep 23, 2009.

1. StarGazer75

StarGazer75 New Member

I was diagnosed with Epstein Barr, CFS and now Babesia/Lyme...I have what I think is Hypersomnia, where I am tired all of the time and have no problems falling asleep, for hours at a time, but when I awaken I feel like I never slept and have horrendous puffy, sore eyes...I also have Post Exertional Malaise...I really do not think that I have Sleep Apnea, which many times causes the Hypersomnia...I am so desparate to feel rested however and I am wondering if anyone can tell me of certain remedies that have helped them...I would be most grateful!

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

A hot epsom salt bath or at least a foot bath is a good first step. Many infections don't tolerate heat. Lyme is esp sensitive to heat.

Ribose is a sugar that doesn't ferment (encourage yeast growth) but can supply your mitochondria (energy factory in each cell) with part of the broken ATP recycling process.

Dr. T says 5 grams, 3 X a day for 2 weeks. 2X for maintenance.

Ribose is not a cure, its a bandaid, but it helps me alot.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

It is my guess that once the Babesia and lyme are properly treated by a Lyme literate MD, you will improve.

I do not have post-exertional malaise, but many people do. It is associated with babesia.....here's a great paper you should read if you haven't already...

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Your hormones may also be abnormal due to the chronic infections....mine were. I use bioidentical hormones.

You may be deficient in B-12.

Corvalen D-ribose is supposed to be really helpful....but it is expensive.

You may benefit from CO-Q 10 (not recommended with Mepron use), B complex vits, Vit D,

You may benefit from alpha lipoic acid or L-carnitine.

If you haven't posted on lymenet.org's medical questions board, I recommend it. there are lots of helpful people there and it's a busy board.

Go to lymenet.org.......click on flash discussion.....sign up for free.....click on Medical Questions board and create a post.

If you do go there, people always ask that you use 1 sentence paragraphs and double space them like I did here.

It makes it easy for people with alot of neuro symptoms to read it.

They also have a Seeking a Doctor board.

You will get more suggestions there.

All the best to you.
  4. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

You may want to try Rhodiola. It is an adaptogen herb (strengthens system)with many healing properties. It increases energy and is supposed to balance the system. I tried it but could not take it because it was too stimulating for me/ and my old symptoms came back (might have been herxing, but could not take stimulating affects). Do some research.. one woman has written a book and claimed it healed her lyme disease. It's on amazon/can't remember the name of the book.
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

getting on human growth hormone;

getting the right dose of compounded T3;

getting the rest of my hormones in line especially cortisol and

most importantly treating Babesia, Bartonella and Borrelia.

Before this my brain would never really shut off. I was "thinking" all of the time. I never got into a deep sleep mode.

I also had to take all of the electronics out of the bedroom. Anything with a g;owing light on it was interfering with my sleep. Now the phone jack light is covered with a cloth napkin. I unplugged the TV and removed the dish controller box out. The alarm clock faces the wall so the digital numbers don't shine in my eyes.