Hyperthyroid anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

My endo called last night and left me a message. My blood tests came back and he thinks my T3 and T4 are too high and he wants to put me on a medication to lower it. He is out of town until thursday so I won't get to talk to him until then.

Darn the unknown caller idea and my paranoia that my cut off family members have gotten my new number! Of course I have to have the rare side effect of weight gain (65lbs in less than a year, I've managed to keep it stable since June)!

Anyhow, does anyone here have hyperthyroid and if so what meds have you used and how have they worked for you?
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Dr Brown has a great book the Iodine: Can't live without it.

My fatigue doc says that all thyroid patients should be on a iodine supplement. Since I started taking Iodoral 12.5mg. My dosage of Armour went from 90mg -> 30mg.

My pre treatment body temp was 95.7-96.5°F. Life is much better at 98.6! With the iodine added, my body temp was 99.2°F, sweaty palms, nervousness, fast heartrate 95bpm. Classic hyperthyroidism. Doc said to drop down by 30mg steps. Titration method she called it.

Tyrosine is an amino acid from broken down protien. Tyrosine is essential for thyroid hormone production. Its easy to get tyrosine from the diet, I use a supplement to make sure.

Jacob Teitelbaum MD says that the Hypothalmus is the true thermostat of the body. It makes thyroptin releasing hormone (TRH) -> Thyroid stimulating Hormone (pituitary) [TSH] -> T2,T3, T4 Thyroid gland. What is T2? Biologists don't know yet...but its in dessicated porcine armour thyroid.

"The hypothalmus has an affinity for mercury" -Andrew Cutler Ph.D Mercury toxicity can be chelated with DMSA (www.vrp.com) and Alpha Lipoic Acid. You may detox too quickly, so watch for kidney pain. Take it very easy, very slow. Cutler has a great book too: No More Amalgams.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

How is the reverse T3? (RT3 blood work), Free T3, TSH? Body temp?

I remember Dr. Brown saying that too little iodine can cause high T3/T4 too. It rarer but it does happen. The weight gain part makes me suspect that you don't have classical hyperthyroidism.

"Data, data, data: I can't make bricks with out clay" -Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes 1891

www.fibroandfatigue.com has a great webinar on the thyroid.