Hypnosis anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Jan 28, 2007.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Has anyone tried hypnosis for any of their symptoms? My mom is paying if I go. She says they can help with the fatigue.
  2. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I wonder about this, too. I'm glad you posted it. Any experiences out there??
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

anyone else?
  4. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

I originally became a hypnotist to augment my nursing career. I used it mostly for pain control in Obstetrics, during labor and delivery. It really did seem to help a lot of the patients, however, it certainly wasn't 100%. It did at least almost always calm the woman down.

I use it now on myself to help with fatigue/pain and just to bolster over all feelings of wellness. The problem that I have now is that due to Fibro Fog, I have a harder time focusing on relaxing and giving myself the appropiate suggestions. Seems like I have spurts where it's helpful and other times not as much like when I'm in a flare.

One thing you have to remember is that your mind will not accept a suggestion that is not true. Saying, "I am not fatigued" will probably not work...your mind knows that you are exhausted. You really need to find someone who knows the correct way to word suggestions that your mind will accept and then they have to be reinforced quite a bit (especially with chronically ill people)to be effective.

Good luck to you...I would definitely give it a try. It has really helped me on occasions when my pain wasn't responding to anything else.
    ......................Jill..................