Hypnosis - Would it help any of our symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twerp, Feb 23, 2009.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

Hi All, I've heard of people getting help for smoking, overeating, etc., via hypnosis. Was wondering if hypnosis would have any applications for our symptoms. Anxiety, for instance.

Anyone try it? If so, for what symptom, and, more importantly, did it help?

2. victoria

victoria New Member

Hypnosis can help reduce pain... desensitization can help alleviate anxiety especially in conjunction with hypnosis, also learning relaxation techniques with hypnosis are very helpful for both pain and anxiety.

BTW, L-theanine (suntheanine type) can help also with anxiety, a LOT.

hope that helps...

all the best,

3. twerp

twerp New Member

I appreciate your reponse.

Actually, I just purchased some Suntheanine last week and have been experimenting with that. They're 150MG capsules, which seem to be too much for me. So, I've been opening them up and just taking a little. Can't tell a lot of difference yet, but I'm going to keep trying it.

I don't have as many issues with pain as with anxiety. My husband had suggested this weekend that hypnosis might help, so I decided to check it out here. Usually, somebody has tried almost everything that might help.

Thanks again,

LISALOO New Member

I did hypnosis but she said it's better not to go totally under, I think it might have worked better if I was, because I got nothing out of it. After 3 sessions I quit, didn't even go the 4th weekend. I just felt more relaxed.
  5. twerp

twerp New Member

I'm going to give all your suggestions some consideration. As you said, Caledonia, it's best to have more than one "weapon" against this particular foe....

Hugs to all,