Hypnotherapy, anyone tried it???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hermitlady, Oct 10, 2006.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

HI,
    My husband met a woman thru work who is a good hypnotherapist. His company sent him and the other Vice Pres for stress management. He really liked her and wants me to go see her too.

She says she could help me w my depression, anxiety and pain. Has anyone tried this? I searched the board and didn't find too many posts from the past.

Thanks for any input.....Hermit
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hey Hermit:

If you have the oportunity to use atrained hypnotherapist, I say go for it.... It is used to treat a variety of conditions particularly stress, anxiety and depression.

It isn't mumbo jumbo stuff it is usually about relaxation... I have only found it to be beneficial.

Give it a go.

Suz45
  3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I'll probably give it a whirl....this woman is supposed to be very good and she's closeby.

Glad to hear others have had good luck w it. I'll take any help that I can get!!!

xxxooo Hermit
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hypnotherapy is worth a shot Hermit. I truely believe our minds have great abilities to help us heal.

I am not saying that if we just change our attitudes we would be better. That kind of comments make me want to smack someone.

But teaching you ways to relax can only be to your benefit.

Let us know how it goes.
    hugs Redwillow
  5. llama

llama New Member

Hi Hermitlady,

I am a Certified Hypnotherapist, have been for about 20 years. I mainly got involved with it for use in the healthcare setting, namely Obstetrics. I used it to help calm and alleviate some of the pain of childbirth.

20 years ago, it was met with a fair amount of doubt. I think they only let me try it because of me being a nurse.

I would highly recommend trying it. It typically isn't what most people expect. You have to give it a little time and patience because most people do not reach the deeper level of the subconscious (where the suggestions that are given are most effective) right away.

I no longer am able to work, but continue to use it in a variety of ways on myself, insomnia, weight control etc.

One caveat the subconscious mind will not accept a lie. In other words, saying that you have NO pain, when you actually do does not help. The suggestions must be worded correctly in order for them to be accepted.

Let me know how it goes for you if you decide to try it!
    ...................Jill................
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2006]
  6. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Will let you know after thursday night doco. On thursday night there is a documentry showing where they have taken 3 average new zealanders, all with different problems, ones got a phobia and another has a pain problem.

and this hypnotist is going to work with them and get rid of their problems. Am interested to see how the pain lady gets on. Have just seen the shorts so far, but will be watching the programme tomorrow night. Will find out then what is wrong the people etc..

Will let you know how they get on. And well if it works I will be making an appointment too!

7. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I just pulled an ad out of the newspaper and was thinking about calling.
    sleep, pain, weight... and throw in a phobia about spiders (yikes) well I think thats enough to start with.

Looks like a good way to 'reset' the way I feel
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I appreciate your input....I think I'll call to schedule an appt tomorrow.

Good night!

Hermit