hypnotherapy--

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herbqueen, Jun 5, 2010.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy for sleep/healing?I'm convinced the mind/body connection is powerful- the question is how does one tap into that?
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

can be very helpful if used together especially... as the hypnosis can help you imagine what effects you need or want to get.

IE, for deep relaxation and pain relief, thinking of laying on a beach, etc. - whatever works for you. The hypnosis just makes it happen much faster.

Depending on what you are doing, hypnosis can also help you to get in touch with your feelings as well.

Hope you can do it all sooner than later...
    Victoria

(I was a hypnotherapist, my DH was a PhD psychologist with background in neuroscience so he took the 'scientific approach" - he started working with biofeedback with pts in 1974, soon after that he learned about hypnosis. I used both too. )

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

There is a person here who does Hypnotherapy in conjuction with many of the Dr.s here in town. He works w/the birthing centers, cancer patients etc. for pain relief.

My brother actually knows him and he is willing to "do me" for free. For some reason I haven't gone to see him. He actually wouldn't agree to see me without a prescription or a note from my Dr. which I did get.

I think it only would work if you believe it will. I think I've always been nervous about hypnosis because of the things I've seen on TV. I joked that I don't want to bark like a dog every time I heard the phone ring. I was assured that wouldn't happen.

My brother saw him when he visited over the holidays. He went to quit smoking. Hasn't had a cigarette in almost 6 months. He said the weirdest thing is that he "forgot" he smoked - that's the reaction he had. ZERO craving, ZERO thoughts of it. It wasn't until someone asked him about it.

I absolutely believe in the power of the mind/body connection. I don't necessarily believe that you can think yourself all better, but your thinking can lead you in all different directions.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I think you were kidding yourself that you were kidding yourself...

sometimes our minds do the most amazing things when we just think we're in control.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

That's exactly how it works... the mind works in mysterious ways sometimes.

[This Message was Edited on 06/13/2010]
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

few if any one thing works 100% of the time on anybody.
    LOL
    How many times have we all heard that...

My DH once had 5 'pushes' of demerol during a colonoscopy without any effect at all...

7. victoria

victoria New Member

I didn't mean to say you should've continued.

I just meant that it didn't work for you. I wish there were some medical/alternative solutions to problems that worked 100% of the time.
  8. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

This is a great relaxation/hypnotherapy/healing type CD- I saw this therapist- and her voice is wonderful-so soothing-better than all the other CD's i've listened to-
  9. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

forgot the link-great to get to deep relaxation.

http://www.janeekinghearthealer.com/cds_available.html
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

I couldn't see a link there that would allow me to listen to her.
    Do you know if there is one?

thanks - Victoria