Hypnotic Healing Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I saw my therapist yesterday. She put me into a deep relaxation state to try to get my subconsious mind and body to "remember" how it feels to be well. She said our bodies have memory just as our minds do, but it's hard to heal when there is a bunch of stress standing in the way. We both think that I've just been in overload with stress, dealing with personal problems for the last year.

It's like she takes me down the path to wellness while I relax and let the healing begin. I will learn to do this for myself. For now, it seems, I need someone else to give my mind, body, and spirit permission to heal itself.

It was wild, as I was aware the whole time but there was a vivid color show going on behind my eyelids. This must be normal because she said to pick out one of the colors I was seeing and make it my healing color. I actually saw both a vivid pea green and mauvish purple swirling around one another. I can now relax and call on my healing colors.

The relaxed state lasts beyond the treatment. I think it was helpful and am looking forward to our next session. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I saw my therapist yesterday. She put me into a deep relaxation state to try to get my subconsious mind and body to "remember" how it feels to be well. She said our bodies have memory just as our minds do, but it's hard to heal when there is a bunch of stress standing in the way. We both think that I've just been in overload with stress, dealing with personal problems for the last year.

It's like she takes me down the path to wellness while I relax and let the healing begin. I will learn to do this for myself. For now, it seems, I need someone else to give my mind, body, and spirit permission to heal itself.

It was wild, as I was aware the whole time but there was a vivid color show going on behind my eyelids. This must be normal because she said to pick out one of the colors I was seeing and make it my healing color. I actually saw both a vivid pea green and mauvish purple swirling around one another. I can now relax and call on my healing colors.

The relaxed state lasts beyond the treatment. I think it was helpful and am looking forward to our next session. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Love, Mikie
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm so glad it's working for you! I've posted before about it. I did get motivated and made myself a hypnotic tape, but not getting a lift out of it. Don't know if it's 'cause I don't want to really listen to myself at this point :-/ ! -- or just haven't given it a chance.

I have also bought myself some CDs that are supposed to have sounds/beats that push the brainwaves into healing states. Am going to start tonight as my husband's out of town. Will let you all know if and how this works for me.
  4. selma

selma New Member

I hope that it helps others as well. Hypnotherapy has helped many people. One of the doctors who used and added to our knowledge of it is Milton Erickson. He was in a wheelchair and should have been in a lot of pain, but used Hypnotherapy to help himself and others. Ask your therapist about books by him.

I remember a quick story that he used, not a quote. It's what I remember. So, here goes. A person went up to a vending machine and put a quarter in the slot. But, nothing came out. He/she gave up. The next oerson went up to the vending machine and put in fifty cents. and
    He/ She got the food that they wanted. What do you find from the outcome?
    If you have the right input you will get results.

Love and huggs, Selma
  5. DonnaSR

DonnaSR New Member

Dear Mikie,

I too have found deep relaxation and meditation do wonders. I have a few hypnotherapy tapes made by my therapist that I listen to when I have time, and they help me get to that relaxed state. I also listen to a drumming tape which allows me to begin healing physically, emotionally, and spritually. I'll be interested to know how it goes for you.

Best wishes always,
    Donna
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I also have a set of tapes with sounds which are supposed to elicit different brain waves by using certain sound waves to put one in a particular state.

We will be going back through my childhood and clearing out any old emotional traumas which may be standing in the way of healing. That should be interesting too. I'll let y'all know.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]