Hypnotic Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As y'all know, I have been seeing a therapist for a short period of time lately to deal with my losses, my anger, and my depression. My therapist is going to try what she describes as "healing hypnosis." She said it is like going inside and cleaning out old stuff which is standing in the way of current healing.

It sounds very intrigueing to me and I am looking forward to it. It sounds very healing and relaxing. Like she said, it won't do any harm and it might help. I told her I was open to hypnosis as long as she didn't make me cluck like a chicken :)

I'll let y'all know what I think of it after I've had a chance to experience it.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As y'all know, I have been seeing a therapist for a short period of time lately to deal with my losses, my anger, and my depression. My therapist is going to try what she describes as "healing hypnosis." She said it is like going inside and cleaning out old stuff which is standing in the way of current healing.

It sounds very intrigueing to me and I am looking forward to it. It sounds very healing and relaxing. Like she said, it won't do any harm and it might help. I told her I was open to hypnosis as long as she didn't make me cluck like a chicken :)

I'll let y'all know what I think of it after I've had a chance to experience it.

Love, Mikie
  3. Suze

Suze New Member

I had a session in which I took myself back to childhood. It was fascinating. We plan to do a past-life regression next.

A friend with FMS has been doing past-life hypnosis and has seen improvements in her pain.

Keep us posted!

Suze
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've always been fascinated by this. I think I'll have my hands full just dealing with this lifetime though. I would also be afraid that I might have been a wicked person in a past life and have to deal with that. This life is more than I can handle at times.

I would love to hear more about this. Remember that book about Bridie Murphy (sp?) back in the 50's?

Well, sorry, y'all, I've gotten off track here.

Love, Mikie
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

Hypnosis can also be useful for other things, such as pain and healing. My husband was a psychologist for 20 years and used it extensively with chronic pain patients as well as in severe eating disorder cases. My own experience with it was that I was able to take away my first case of poison ivy within 24 hours after my dermatologist laughed at me and said it would take 2 weeks.

Unfortunately for my fatigue etc. it hasn't been too helpful, but I also think that I haven't worked at it hard enough. Too tired too often and in a brain fog and forget!

One of the ways that worked well for my husband's patients was that he would make a hypnosis tape for them to use at home one or more times every day, and with some people it took quite a while to work for them. But it always worked to some degree for everyone IF they used it. Talking about this has re-motivated me...I think I'll make myself another tape to use. (By the way, there are books out there that have scripts in them you could tape for yourself regarding healing, etc.) Hope this helps... Victoria
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your info. Yeah, my therapist said that the goal is to learn to do one's own hypnosis. I should be a good candidate as I am very suggestive in nature. I have been using positive visualization for years with good results.

We probably all have old garbage from childhood that we aren't even aware of which stands in the way of our healing. It's like an herbal cleanse of the spirit.

Love, Mikie