hypothyroidism

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shell, Mar 26, 2003.

1. shell

shell New Member

Was just diagnosed... right on the border. Doc wants me to start up the med's but is there anything I can try naturally / herbally first?
  2. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

No, there are no natural things to use for hypothyroidism. I'm speaking from 12 years of having this pain in the butt condition. Don't wait to start your thyroid hormone replacement, or you'll be very sorry, trust me!!

Marilyn :)
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Has really helped me and I am just on the 25 mcgs. Your thyroid is an important hormone in the body. If it were me, I would start the medication.

Love, Mikie
  4. judywhit

judywhit New Member

is about as natural as it comes IMO. Not a synthetic drug. Try the armour first if you want to go natural. this is a animal derivitive. Not plant. I sure wish I could spell! have lost that ability with the fms. I used to win spelling bees in school! good luck.
  5. Japain

Japain New Member

Hi. I was just tested for parahypothyroidsm. Just another dr.just another test. Curious about your symptoms. Thanks
  6. dd

dd New Member

I take Synthroid and it has done a world of difference for me. I have had no side affects from it at all...except for weight loss...

There are some "natural" remedies available at the health food stores. I did check those out before I started on the Synthroid. I can't remember the names right now...that was 2 years ago.

I wish you the best whatever route you decide to take.

Peace,

Debbie