Hyssop & grapefruit seed extract & chiro for sinus infection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Oct 10, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Okay - I had been sick for about 2 weeks with sinus congestion (but it was just clear, nothing yucky) but also very very tired with this, although no fever. But the fatigue was horrible. The NP at annual physical said, oh you've got the cold everyone else has. Well, I didn't think so - it lasted so long and I was soooo tired, could do very little.

Finally went to see my chiro on Monday who did his muscle testing, and voila! he said I had a strep/staph infection (which I have had before) and gave me a hyssop formula from Premier Research Labs (it has several other ingredients) and also I started taking grapefruit seed extract (not to be confused with grapeseed extract - the grapefruit seed extract has antibacterial properties).

And it's 2 days later now and I am finally on the mend. Still tired but I think I'm herxing now, congestion is almost gone.

I know if I had insisted on being tested by the NP for a bug, it would have taken days, and then I'd be given an antibiotic with all its attendant effects.

I've never taken hyssop before but on reading about it, it has all sorts of good properties, and it's supposed to be effective against both viruses and bacteria. The formula I'm taking has several other ingredients, and I don't know if plain hyssop would be as effective, but am going to look into it.

And I'm not saying I would never take an antibiotic -sometimes they are necessary, but I try to avoid them if at all possible.

Anyways, one more shout out for muscle testing - it really works! especially if you have a competent practitioner who does it. I only wish I hadn't waited 2 weeks to see him.

2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Glad you found something to help.

I discovered oil of oregano about 3 years ago. It tastes awful (use only 4 drops in l tsp. apple juice concentrate) but once a day and it knocks germs totally out, including e coli. Now I would say that's amazing but natural stuff. When I hear that something is going around in late fall/early winter I start taking it daily. I used to get bronchitis several times a winter and a couple of times it turned into pneumonia. Now I rarely get a cold.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I used to have some oil of oregano - it is potent! One of the things I read about hyssop is that it is related to oregano somehow.

Anyways, it is possible that if I'd started the oil of oregano, it might have knocked this bug out. I am just SOOOOO grateful for my chiropractor - I don't know what I would do without him! I had assumed it was a virus but I was wrong. I will keep the oregano oil in mind - I may still have it -

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm still taking the GSE. I don't think it's the change in weather for me, actually the weather hadn't changed when I first got sick. It seemed to be after my severe detoxing with the gelatin - it seemed to really knock my body for a loop. But my immune system is still not up to par anyways, though it's better than it used to be - it's been quite awhile since I've been this sick this long. But am soooo grateful for my chiropractor! I'd be lost without him -

5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm so glad the acupuncture is helping your spine, even if just a tad! After trying so many things for so long - it would be interesting to see if it could help your adrenals too maybe? with your low cortisol in the morning?

Yeahs, our systems are different!

6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I had heard the name hyssop before, but knew nothing about it. It's interesting - it's supposed to help with many different things. I have used grapefruit seed extract before - it tastes yucky but I don't care - whatever works!

Nice to hear from you again too - I hope you're doing better than awhile ago -

Take care -

7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

sunflowergirl - I'm so glad you mentioned the oil of oregano. The grapefruit seed extract didn't seem to be doing much, and then I found my oil of oregano, several years old but I think as potent and awful tasting as ever! So I started that instead, together with the hyssop product and am finally making progress. This has been a horrible bug. It's been a long time since I've had such a rough time.

Anyways, I'm really you glad you brought this up! I now go around smelling like a pizza or spaghetti sauce (at least to myself) but there are worse things :)