I’m Allergic to Soy—Can I use NT Factor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DrNicolson, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DrNicolson

DrNicolson New Member

I don’t suppose NT Factor’s phosphoglycolipids could ever be extracted from something other than soy? I am allergic to soy. And, given that you’re trying to make up for a lack of these lipids in the modern diet, is there any natural food or oil that would be a next best thing?

NT Factor does not contain any soy proteins, the source of soy antigens that cause allergic reactions. The phospholipids extracted from soy are exactly the same phospholipids that are in your cell membranes of every cell in your body.

The advantage of NT Factor over foods that contain lipids is that NT Factor lipids are protected from oxidative damage during storage, digestion and intake into your body. Food lipids are not protected, and you are taking in oxidative-damaged lipids as well as natural lipids. Similarly, oils for the most part are not protected from oxidative damage. They can serve as a good source of membrane lipids, but with storage time more and more of the lipids are oxidized. Also, they are not protected during digestion and intake into your body.