I actually found some use for fibrofog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jun 26, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been getting alot of books from the library and Saturday I checked out 2 Max Lucado books I thought I might have read before.

I realized HALFWAY THROUGH the book I just finished that I had read it just recently (within the last few months) because I recognized a story in there!

Hey, technically I guess I could read and enjoy the same book over and over like it was brand new to me!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Maybe you shouldn't go to Barnes and Noble....you could wind up buying books you already have! Have fun reading! Terri
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

LOL!!!

Me too!

But, yes...you may want to take a list of the books you already have if you go to Barnes and Noble!

Have a great day!
  4. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

That happens to me all the time. My Mom-in-law and I pass books back and forth, and I'll re-read the same books half way thru. One little part of the book will click something in my fibro foggy brain.
    Angela
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I start a book and then get vaguely suspicious I've read it before. And then some little incident (Oh, she dropped the jar of pickles) will remind me I've already read it.
  6. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

OMG...this is too funny. This happens to me with movies. My DH and I will go to the movie store to rent movies and I'll say "this looks good" and he'll say, "we rented that last week" then I'll say "was it good?" My dh just laughs at me. He is getting used to the foggy moments.

Dawn

7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Next thing you know we'll be hiding our own Easter eggs!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  8. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I love to read. But I have been noticing lately that I must miss some of the story because the second time around I either understand a little more or don't remember that part at all!!! Weird!!! I think I have constant fibro fog!!!

Dawn
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I can set and read several chapters and realize I have not even retained anything to remember.

Thats why I stick to Mags and short stories.I've always had trouble remembering things I read.
  10. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I can read this one a couple more times and enjoy it all over again!

I really did not mind at all. I actually hate looking forward to a good book and then realizing I have read it before!

This DD might as well be good for something...
  11. elliespad

elliespad Member

I have not been allowed (by my kids or husband) to rent movies from the video store for YEARS because I always get something we've already seen and I don't realize it until half way through the movie. So, at least noone asks me to go to the store to pick out a movie.
  12. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

hey, greenbean7: if we hide our own easter eggs, will we remember to look for them? hahaha

finally i'm on a reading spree. could only read magazines for a year or more! just couldn't hold my concentration.

i'm on my 4th book in a month and i feel like a first grader....i'm so proud!!!! and oh so silly. :)

13. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

Oh, that is hilarious.

I seriously feel kinda happy in my fog. My fog is sorta like I've smoked a LOT of pot or hashish - all the time - but I haven't.

I walk around feeling seriously STONED but without the paranoia.

Now, I have done those things in my time. When I was about 20 I went to Amsterdam and went to the hashish bars and walked around the red light district totally messed UP. I know what that stuff is like.

But I've been clean - I never had a drug PROBLEM - I haven't done any of that stuff in 10- 15 years!

I thought maybe it was the meds, so I quit taking them, and I STILL felt that way - I just hurt like hell on top of it.

Really, the fog I actually enjoy. I hate that it messes me up sometimes. I just try to do a lot of art and stuff.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/27/2006]
  14. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I am having a real problem socially because of it. I always say something so stupid coupled with my hearing loss, it is such a struggle. I also am so gullable. It seems I fall for everything, only to find out it was a big joke! THen, I want to hide for days (which I have been doing since I got back from vac). Neighbors called me and told me my siding was falling off the house and that I never asked one of the girls to feed our cat, collect the mail and water my flowers. I was hysterical crying after that and having to deal with my father going down hill with his cancer, I just lost it.

Sorry to carry this out, I just needed to vent. No one else seems to understand.

Dawn