I also saw Dr. Salvato after many mixed opinions.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Belinha, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Belinha

Belinha New Member

After a long time to which I can't even give a truthful date, I saw a lot of different dr's and then to Dr. Salvato in Houston, after my new neighbor who's an EX nurse told me my symptoms sounded like CFSD I didn't have insurance so the blood took our mortgage pmt. We were new in town and I haven't worked for 8 months. I had 3 tests because I have what looks like ringworm in certain parts of my body. LYMe was negative. EBV, negative. cdc positive it says I am 25.4polm/mL Limits 12.0-22.0 recording said I would take APT-47 for 4 wks.UNTIL i BRING IT UP TO 30 and go from there. Very difficult to get sleep or prescriptions for it and anxiety reffils until I see her again. Does anyone know what the results mean? I'm in so much pain and so confused, I feel I am going out of my mind and I can't get any pain meds or sleep meds until I see her again in another 2 weeks. Help me please. Can't type anymore I hurt in places I didn't know I had I a have a degree in languages (4) and operate all office equipment and various software. Now I just lay in bed and feel miserable. Thankyou. Belinha
  2. FMseeker

FMseeker New Member

From the sound of the ringworm looking stuff, could it be lupus?

Sorry, I havent seen Salvato, but see the name posted quite a bit in the posts on here.

I didn't understand your test results, but am providing a place on the internet that explains some of the tests
  3. Belinha

Belinha New Member

I don't think so I was diagnosed with CFS I am just no sure what the limits mean,but thankyou for the info.
    I will check out the address you gave me
    Good Luck. Belinha
  4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Call and ask to speak with Carolyn, her Nurse Practitioner. Then, be available for four o'clock or so on, as they return calls very late in the afternoon or early evening.

I am a patient of Dr. Salvato's and I love she and Carolyn but their office SUCKS. Really disorganized. Additionally, you can e-mail or fax them, and that can get results, as well.
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

If you can speak four languages, based upon what they are, many of the hospitals in the medical center in Houston hire linguists for translators, as they get patients from all over the world. The work would be far less demanding than some other work, as I used the translators when I worked in Anesthesia at one of the major hospitals.