I am 40 today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jan 2, 2007.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Can't believe it, I am 40 today! I don't feel 40 mentally, but I passed my 40's physically years ago,,,LOL!
  2. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Hope you have a great birthday!

There is a website called "Real Age"; you take a survey and it gives you your real age based on your health. It took about 5 yrs off my DH but added almost 10yrs to mine!
    Unfortunatley it seems pretty accurate cuz I do feel like I'm in my 50's.

Have a good one,

Shar
  3. buffyr

buffyr New Member

Happy Birthday!! I just hit 30 a couple days ago, it's kind of cool hitting those milestones. I told my hubby there was a while there that I doubted I'd ever see 30. Hope 40 is great for you. Just don't overdo it and end up in a flare like I think I did!!!! Take care of yourself! Happy Birthday!!
  4. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I'll be 40 in February. Its weird though how I still feel like a high schooler inside, don't feel like I look 40 but feel like I've lived in this body an eternity. Its funny to look at how quickly time has come and gone.

Happy birthday, its your special day!

Enjoy your day and make the most out of it! Happy Bday!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2007]
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Wow! I hope you have a great Birthday! Was thinking of
    you and your Children over Christmas hoping that you were
    going to have a good one. Do hope things will go well
    4-U this year. I'm a Capricorn too! There are lots of
    us. Happy Birthday once more!

MRDAD aka JOE
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

I always think about 20 years older than myself is "old" and I keep on not being old yet. It's funny how the mind thinks about age. I remember when I was little mom said never ask an adult their age. I don't get freaky about telling people, though.

Where I lived in the south, last year, people used to put their friend's pictures in the local paper and it would say "Lordy, Lordy, look who's forty!" And if you're lucky, it's a recent picture or they would somehow come up with a high school picture of you and have a big 'ole spread of it for everyone to see! Thank God I left just in time!

I hope that didn't happen to you!

karen
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Enjoy your 40th year!!! Only comes once, thank goodness,tehe...

Peace~Alicia
  8. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Bless you all! Thanks, it sounds weird, 40- f-o-r-t-y,,,ohhh, gives me shivers,,,LOL!

How sweet of SSDI to send me their first denial of my disability app. today. Just got it in the mail.
    Suckers. I am apparently not well enough to do anything I did in the past, but according to them I can do something else. But this is as many konow expected. Just have to go the route again.

HUgs to ya all, I hope you enjoyed the cake!
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yea. Don't worry about that 1st denial from SSA. It is
    very standard. As you know, I have watched your case and
    responded when I thought I had something to offer. From
    what I know of your case, I believe (hopefuly in the short
    run) that you should get approved. Just HANG in there!

Your Friend,
    MRDAD aka JOE
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope you had a great day.....from a fellow Washingtonian. Terri
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Thank you both.

Yeah, the first denial is standard, yet, somehow you hope that your case will be one of those some 30-40% that goes thru on first application.

I found a new doc who knew right away I have FM and CFS and I am getting the help that hopefully will make this DD more liveable.

My previous doc said there was nothing wrong with me, so DSHS base their decition on his "delution" and are sending me out to work for my benefits. I know what will happen. I will go out, push myself and crash back to where I was a year ago. Back then I had to rest several 10 minute breaks just to vaccum my living room! Of course, my then doc said there was "nothing wrong" with me. DSHS got verbally abusive or bullyish towards me, I couldn't belive my ears.

They said:- Oh, find another doctor? Just so you can find one that tells you what you want to hear? (meaning- there's nothing wrong with you, you're just lazy!) I replied: Yes, til I find someone that tells me what I want to hear, namely that "I know what you have and I can help you!" I am wondering if I should consider reporting them, but then they are government, how can a little "lazy" preson win something like that?

Anyways, I felt hurt and abused, and I wish I didn't have to depend on such people.

Many hugs!!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2007]
  12. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

Hey there "other Lena"!!! I just came in here from another hyatis and see its your bday!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
  13. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

and many more with a hope of great health for you.
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

40 is young!!! Happy returns of the day. Love Annie cromwell
  15. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I'm sure you don't look a day over 29...even if you feel decades older than that ; )

Have a good day with you children,

Suz
  16. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Wishing you a very happy new decade-your 40's.
    Love and Hugs...
    Mini
  17. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

First of all, I want to wish you a very, very Happy Birthday! I will be passing that age up by a decade this coming Sunday-YIKES, hee hee!

I am so sorry to hear that your application for disability was denied and that is NOT a good birthday present! Your words that you feel hurt and abused make me feel sooo very sad for you! I guess the rejections are just another reason why I have never applied for it myself. I know it is to be expected and still, I don't think I could handle the rejections. I do hear that the third time is the charm here, quite literally, and maybe they will even have to pay backpay from the time you first filed. Now wouldn't that be lovely! :)

Len, I may have you confused with another poster and please forgive me if I do. But are you the same poster from Sjogren's World? If so, was this dx. entered on your application/ medical documentation?

Because if it were, that makes it doubly sad that you were rejected. I wonder...just how ILL one has to be to be taken seriously and to be given a break.

Okay, I got really negative there and I am sorry. But I really DO wish you a wonderful, memorable birthday my friend! May you have many more and much healthier and happier ones at that. Perhaps by your next birthday you will have been approved and then you can REALLY celebrate! (If that were true, I hope you'd throw yourself a huge party!)
  18. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I had asked if you were the same poster as the one on Sjogren's World forum. I knew I should have read your profile first, dagnabit!

Anyway, the birthday wishes still apply. As well as hopes for you that your disability will soon come to fruition!
  19. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Oh, thankyou all! You guys make my day. As for the attitude, it was the DSHS office that acted this way, not the SSA office. Oh, lurkernomore, you might have gotten the wrong person, but I am pretty sure I have Sjogrens too, this is one of the tests I wanted my "fired" doc to run (biopsy, since the labs were negative as is common with Sjogrens patients). I hope my new doc will run some testing for me!

By the way, I WISH I didn't look a day older than 29, and I usually do think that I don't until I see a recent taken picure! Cameras are so deceitful, or is it that they are more correct than I want to admit? LOL!

Many hugs!!
  20. Jordane

Jordane New Member

(((((((((((((HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUN)))))))))))))

I know what you been by surpassing your age physically!!

Might try that realage thing,hmmmmmmmmmmm

Might make me feel worse.:>)

Hope your day is filled with Love & Happiness!!!!
    ( and pain free)

Jordane