I am a BIG MESS, Can anyone relate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran2, Dec 18, 2011.

1. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

I haven't been here for awhile but trying once again to see if any doctors can help, if not a cure just help with my misery
    Been searching for many years and been told many different dx. as I am sure each of you can relate.

My many dx have been first : Anxiety/Depression, Finally a dx of CFIDS/FM then Lyme.. seems no treatments have really helped as my main problem seems to lie in my sinuses and ears causing such off balance and yes the crying anxiety.

Is it MCS, Sinus Infection (the ENT declares it is) .. So sensitive to all meds haven't been able to tolerate the dose I need for any length of time.. Now to symptoms.. Oh, all allergy testing Negative.

Symptoms: Awake with a mild headache between eyebrows, anxiety, weakness and off balance at times vertigo, ear fullness sometimes ear ache, ears ring 24/7 and feel heart beating in right ear of course body aches , blurry vision and etc.. I feel if I could get this darn head thing cleared up I could live a somewhat functional life.

What I am taking I know just mask the symptoms but have to , to funciton..and that is about all I can do. I take xanax, bufferin and a decongestant, the decongestant seems to help but don't like the side effects.

If you have gotten this far thanks for reading and any input would be so much appreciated.. These have been my main symptoms for many years and when I was able to tolerate abx, seems they did help..

2. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Yes, I take the Grapeseed Extract every morning.. Maybe I should up my dose.
    I can't say that they helped with the sinus, ear issue, sure wish they would have but I feel I do reap benefits from them..

Sorry about your back issues, its no fun getting older and having to feel not so great.

Good hearing from you,
  3. nanannan

nanannan New Member

I take numerous medications for hypertension, thyroid (had RAI treatment) and COPD. I am an 84 y/o woman who has had fibro for almost thirty years. I don't discuss such things with my doctor as he, as most doctors, doesn't know much about them and he usually just blows me off when I do. I would like to know if grape seed extract interfere with what I such medications?? Any info would be appreciated

little rudy
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Sorry to hear things are still so rough for you.

I have read that chronic sinus infections can be due to a systemic yeast infection of all things. Virgin coconut oil is very effective against yeast - I would start with one tablespoon a day (you can spread it on toast, me I just let it melt in my mouth, it's not bad), and gradually work up to two. I used it several years ago for a yeast infection and it was extremely effective. I did have a somewhat bad herx reaction - yeast die-off - for several days, felt very tired etc., but when that was over the yeast infection was gone. So you might try this, since you have tried everything else, and it could account for all your symptoms. Do a google search for "systemic yeast infection" to learn more.

Also, a salt inhaler can help clear sinuses. I know it may sound strange, but it really works. You don't actually inhale salt, but rather air that has passed through salt. If you google "salt inhaler" you can get more info. You can buy one for $25 - $30 or so. I made a rough one using a paper coffee cup which I poked very small holes in, then added coarse pure sea salt (no additives!), and then put the lid on, and inhaled through the lid opening, and exhaled through my nose. I had my sister try it, she was getting sick, and said she was able to breathe better after doing the inhaling for just a minute or two. But I think the actual inhaler would probably work better.

Take care -

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's good to hear from you but so sad to know you are suffering so much. Just wondering--has the doc ever given you a sinus spray? That is about the only thing which works for me when I have the same sinus issues you mention. Once the NasaCort clears things out, the fullness and dizzy feeling are gone. Even OTC Neo-Synephrine works in a pinch but should not be used long term.

Sending up a prayer for you.

Love, Mikie
  6. crickett

crickett New Member

So sorry to hear your are doing bad. You are not alone I suffer from severe sinus and anxiety and depression seems like we cannot win for loosing dr put me on cortif .05mg and it's firing all my nerve endings up and making it hard for me to function although my nerve pill seems to help me cope when all I want to do is throw in the towel. God bless praying for a cure!!!
  7. simpsons

simpsons Member

i am so sorry you have this trouble i agree with mary that salt inhailer is a good idea to try. mother natures natural helper salt

i wonder if you have detoxed your house and gotten rid of any chemicals you have from toilet cleaners to shampoo's

mcs can be so hard to deal with and in the winter we don t get fresh air into the house

and dust or toxins get stuck in the house with double glazing allowing sealing up our houses

the sinus is our first line of denfence from chemicals

i saw a program on tv where drs had all allergic items removed from environment. had people dust every day and hoover everyday for dust mites

they had to open the window to allow fresh air in, and to turn the beds back for airing everyday too

old fashioned house keeping my grandmother used to turn the bed clothes back every day to air the bed

they said that this stopped the bed being the right breading ground for mites

they had anyone who had been near a cat or dog change into clean clothing at door too

the program was for children who had severe asthma and were on inhailers at a very high strength.

the outcome was very good and severe asthma sufferers were able to come off of meds.

ear nose and throat are all connected

the only other idea i had was to see a medial herbalist who could look at your body as a whole and treat your immune system cns and also give you a herbal antibiotic

my thinking here is that you may be able to tolerate natural remedies and herbs better than synthetic antiobiotics

by strenghtening your immune system you would allow your body to fight the infection rather than killing off all your good bacteria

the stomach is a major part of the immune system and i wonder if antibiotics have killed off your good bacteria and damaged your immune system too

dairy can cause mucus if thats a problem for you cutting that out may give some relief

Echinacea Eucalyptus Goldenseal Lactobacillus Acidophilus, are some of the herbs and supps i ve used and found helpful in the past. worth doing some research and checking out with chemist or medical herbalist

so sorry you are suffering so badly hope this helps or gives you some idea's to try
  8. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Sorry, I haven't replied but having computer problems.. Have tried most of everything each of you suggested.. I can't help but believe it has to do with allergies, maybe food even though my test were negative or maybe just a part of this darn disease..

Jamin, I am going to up my grapeseed extract and try digestive enezymes plus back on my probotic...

Thanks to each of you for your replies and help...