I am a new great-grandma!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Aug 20, 2005.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Joy of joy, I became a great-grandmother on Aug. 17 to a beautiful little girl. We went up north to see here when she was just 9 hours old on Wed. and came home, tearfully, on Friday.

She is the most precious thing in my life. She is the 1st great and born to our first grandchild, a granddaughter.

This gave me the most wonderful feeling of joy and blessedness and made me almost forget my pain. I was on a 2 1/2 day of one of my "pretend parties". They almost make me forget the pain - but today I hurt all over and am so tired. Her first time grandpa and uncle sent me over 100 pictures of her and various members of her new family today and that cheered me so much.

You can't imagine the thrill of living to see a great! I am so blessed - my hubby of almost 57 years, and 9 grandchildren. And I am an only child. If only my parents could see them all!

Gentle Hugs to all of you
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm so happy for you!! I hope she's not too far away so that you get to see her often!

What's her name? Again, congratulations---what a blessing children are, they can make the most painful days so much better!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That is so wonderful, I know how happy you must be. Sorry you are hurting, but it sure was for a good cause.

Whats the little girls name?

Shalom, Shirl
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I am sooooooo happy for you!

I remember how my mother felt when my oldest daughter, and her oldest granddaughter, made her a great-grandmother for the first time!!!

Enjoy the blessed event!!

(((Hugs)))
    Janet
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Babies are so wonderful. I'm very happy for you and your family.

Love, Mikie
  6. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Congratulations!!! You are fortunate indeed to have a little girl g.grandaughter. A child can not have too many people to love them. Your g.grandbaby is 3 days younger than mine. All the best to all. From Denamay
  7. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Babies are so wonderful! I m so happy for you and your family!

PS. I really believe your parents can see your family from where they are.

Hugs and prayers
    Meekah