I am a Newbie!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ellen, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Ellen

Ellen New Member

Hello, I am Ellen and I am 53 years old and have Multiple Sclerosis and Fibromyalgia (Dx'ed in 1992). I was a nurse for many years but went back to school in the late '80's and am now a Child/Family Therapist.
    I am curious if anyone is experiencing rib pain with their Fibro? I have extreme discomfort under my left breast and on the left side into the back and up to the shoulder blade. The Doctor can not found any reason for the pain and think it may be due to the Fibro or arthritis. Thanks for any input you may have!
    Regards - Ellen
  2. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

I "more than likely" have fibro according to my doc. (going for more tests Friday) I get the same rib pain on the same side which radiates to the same places as your pain does mostly at night as I'm trying to drift off to sleep, so you're not alone. Welcome to the board!! Warm hugsssssss

Ishy
  3. arts4you

arts4you New Member

Yup, me too, I get rib pain all the time along with a multitude of other pains, all over, never the same place for long, and many different kinds of pain. Yeah, it is safe to say that rib pain is part of FMS. 16 years of experience talking here.
  4. valleydoll

valleydoll New Member

HI ELLEN ~~~ PLEASE PARDON THE CAPS.......I HAVE CATARACTS AND THE CAPS ARE EASIER FOR ME TO READ. A FRIEND OF MINE SENT ME AN EMAIL ABOUT SEEING YOUR POST BECAUSE I JUST STARTED HAVING RIB PAIN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. MY RIB PAIN FEELS LIKE A TENNIS BALL ROLLING UP UNDER MY RIGHT RIB CAGE, ALMOST IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LOWER CHEST, BUT UNDER THE RIB CAGE. AND IT HURTS!!!! NOTHING GIVES ME RELIEF FROM IT, NOT EATING, LAYING DOWN, SITTING UP, LEANING BACK OR ANYTHING. I AM RETURNING TO MY GASTROENTOLOGIST ON THE 17TH TO SEE WHAT HE THINKS IT CAN BE. JUST SAW MY NEURO THIS PAST FRI AND THEY TOLD ME TO KEEP THE APPT WITH THE GASTRO DR.. THE GASTRO DR JUST DID AN ENDOSCOPE AND COLONSCOPE ON MARCH 13TH AND FOUND NOTHING, OTHER THAN THE IBS I HAVE HAD FOR YEARS. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON WHAT I FIND OUT, IF ANYTHING ON THE 17TH. ALWAYS NICE TO KNOW WE ARE NOT ALONE WITH THESE ACHES AND PAINS, HUH? TAKE CARE AND BLESS YOU...............((((HUGS )))))) BB
  5. AirForceOne

AirForceOne New Member

Hi,
    This is my first time on this message board. I do have constant rib pain on both sides. It feels like I lost a real good fight. The pain goes up under my arms and then wraps around to the top of the shoulders. The pain gets darn right sharp at that point.

Again, I'm new here and I was diag. in 2002, but I know the FMS was around long before that. I have kids, a hubby, a full time job, and college...currently I'm working on "down-sizing" my life and comittments. I've had to say good-bye to the person I used to be and learn what I can do to get as near to my old self as possible.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. I'm glad you found us and I'm glad your doc has checked this out. Ask him if this could be costo chondritis. We are prone to it and you described it to a tee.

Love, Mikie
  7. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Welcome to the board. I have this exact same
    problem, only on the right side. I did have my
    gallbladder out so am not sure what it is. I have
    had it on the left side as well.
    Sometimes I feel like I am black and blue on my
    insides.

I posted a similar message awhile back and many
    responded that they had it, too.

Lynn