I AM ALL ALONE!!!! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS!!!!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by glittergirl, Apr 8, 2003.

1. glittergirl

glittergirl New Member

HELLO,I JUST MOVED HERE TO SCHENECTADY NEW YORK ,FROM SC.I HAVE NO FAMILY HERE,THERE ARE NO SUPPORT GROUPS FOR FMS,I HAVE NO FRIENDS ,I CANT GET INTO THE FMS CHAT ROOMS BECAUSE I AM ON WEB TV.I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT ALL THIS,I REALLY NEED A FRIEND.WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND?IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME TO INSTANT MESSENGER,MY ADDY IS glittergirlgold@webtv.net,THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

you'll find lots of friends here and most of us know how you feel.It's hard when you 1st move some ,it always takes time to make new friends and when your sick on top of it it's even harder. Welcome aboard .I hope your feeling better soon. God Bless Danisue
  3. shadylady

shadylady New Member

YOU DEFINITELY ARE NOT ALONE. I have been and am in those shoes. I am adding you to my friends list. I moved to WV from SC. Elgin, a little town between Camden and Columbia. I live in an elderly and handicapped apt. now. Everyone is elderly except me. By some standards I guess I am elderly--like my nearly 4 yr. old grandson. You will have to tell me where you called home in SC. I don't know a thing about NY where you are, but I am in a small town, and this town is the county seat. This county has the bragging rights of being the only county in WV that does not have a traffic light. Now is that anything to brag about? Talk about small town USA--that's us. I have FMS, CFS, have had a total bilateral mastectomy not to mention numerous other things for starters. I don't have any friends, they don't know what to say, so they bail out on you. I feel terribly depressed sometimes, but then I know I have to pick up and go on--one day at a time. You can reach me at shadylady_wv@yahoo.com, if you are still needing a friend. Thanks, PJ
  4. snickers

snickers New Member

I saw your message on the board and i thought we could be e-mail friends. I live in tucson arizona and have had fms for many many years. I you want send me an e-mail and we can see how things go. HOpe you have a happy holiday, snickers
  5. MaxFame

MaxFame New Member

Your Letter is what inspired me to think about what I wrote 04/24/03 04:02 PM

Dear Tam, I really need a friend also. Like your style and how you answered back, that is always important. I ALSO have gone through more than my share and it gets me down, but I keep on tramping, even though I have had many negative thoughts. Like what is the use, no one understands. I have Lupus, Fibromalgia, had cancer, chronic pain all over, spinal stenous, spondylosis, periperal neuropathy, dislocating shoulders , hip and back severe problems and etc. Forgot TMJ and fell and broke 5 teeth. I go 3 times a week to physical therapy, 2x to a chiropractor, who uses an activator, 3x/wk to the YMCA to exercise in a therapuetic pool, see a therapist, belong to womens group therapy, see a Rheumatologist, Psychiatrist, oncology GYNist, go to church, "PRAY", belong to a lupus support group, Fibromyalgia group, Cancer support group, Nami, Advisory Bd. for a Mental Institution, Advisory Board in the Mental Health dept., Advocate for all kinds of polictical issues and the Mentally ill. I have 2 Masters and am fighting not to be flat on my back. I collapse a lot but keep trying. I take computer classes at Continuing Educ. in a local college, plus other courses, such as, horticulture. This was cathartic for me. I am on SSDI, thus in trouble financially, Been divorced, live alone, and don't aLways eat right or take my medicine or pay bills __(with no money). Struggling to keep my house. All I can say to all this is:

"I AM TRULY BLESSED AND HAVE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT LIFE".

THIS HAS BEEN THE FUNNIEST COMMENTARY ON ME I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

I JUST NEVER LOOKED AT IT IN ALL ONE LUMP!!!

******** IS NOT LIFE A MIRICLE********

6. c21joanne

c21joanne New Member

What condition do you have? I had total knee surgery last June and took about pain...wow, it hurts.

Well, hope you found some friends out there in NY.

7. glittergirl

glittergirl New Member

snickers,i would love to hear from u also,u didn't leave me your email addy,so here is mine,glittergirlgold@webtv.net,hope to hear from u soon!!! joanne,i would like to here from u also,drop me a line if u would like to. maxfame,wow! how do u do it all? if any of u have msn instant messenger,u can add me with the addy above.i really would like to hear from u all.
  8. Birdiemae

Birdiemae New Member

There is a support group that meets in Williamstown Massachusetts. Sometimes the people in these groups will be willing to talk to you opn the phone. That is not too far from where you are. There is a pain group that used to meet in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. I'm not sure if they are still active. Try contacting the American Arthriis Fpondation for more information. I thimk the name of one of the people who atrten the Williamstown group is Marion Goodale. You can talk to me. Barbara
  9. Birdiemae

Birdiemae New Member

I can't type worth a darn.
  10. MaxFame

MaxFame New Member

It sounds like I do it all but I just hang in there like the rest of you. I am suffering very much and checked in on this web site. I am very thankful that someone cared and noticed my replies. I was surprized at myself. I keep trying and I too fall into slumps. When I am I checked and seehow everybody is. I have not done this but a few times nd had not got a respose on my posted letter so I figured people did not need to hear about trying to survive. I wrote for oters but as much for myself. You these things can make are self esteem plummet. I was so thankful a few noticed. Thank you for your response. You may e-mail me directat MaxFame2003@yahoo.com I did not catch how to contact you. Thanks glittergirl[This Message was Edited on 04/26/2003]
  11. yvonnea

yvonnea New Member

Dear glitter,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. i don't have fms so I can't understand what you are going through but I have known pain and suffering--like most people--and I want you to know you are not alone.
    yvonnea
  12. glittergirl

glittergirl New Member

I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLYS.I HAVE DECIDED IT WOULD BE BEST FOR ME TO GO BACK HOME TO SOUTH CAROLINA.I APPRICIATE ALL YOUR CARING AND UNDERSTANDING,YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH IT TRULY MEANT TO ME.THANKS AGAIN,~~~GLITTERGIRL~~~P.S.IT'S PEOPLE LIKE, YOU WHO PUT HOPE BACK INTO OTHER PEOPLES LIVES,AND KNOW THAT THIS WORLD CAN BE A BETTER PLACE