I am also new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by envision, Aug 16, 2005.

1. envision

envision New Member

Haven't been Dx with Fibromyalgia yet, possible don't have it. I have suffered badly since 1990...So far i was told i have DDD**Degenitive disc disease, and also Djoint Disease...Arthritis all through my body. But this last year the pain i feel is hard too explain. It's like sometimes i am burning from the inside out. I always feel like i have the flu..well not always only at night. I ache so bad that nightly i think of driving myself too the ER...To be told once again they can't find anything wrong with me.

I feel as though i am loosing my mind. I don't sleep and when i do..I feel as though i have sleep apnea...*not sure i spelled that right* I wake my self up as though i am choking for air. Gasping myself awake. It's scary. I can't fins a doctor who will listern too me. I think they think i am f*in nuts. I sometimes wonder this myself. I am 36 years old with three kids. I cna't vacuum the house without feeling like i ran 50 miles and then was struck by a bus. the stairs are killing me too go up and down. A simple walk too the mailbox some days feels like miles. Nothing ive done helps releieve any of the pain. Any suggestion of anything that could help would be appreciated,,,thanks..
  2. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

I'm sure you're working with your doc to find out what's going on......it does sound like fibro from what you've described but you need a proper diagnosis. Keeping a log of your symptoms can be very helpful. Bring it to your doctor and have him/her put it in your file, too. Ask for a referral to a rheumatologist if you don't have one.

Meantime, here are some things to try at home to help ease the pain and other symptoms.

- our moderator Shirl has given us a wonderful recipe for the BEST bath to relieve aches! Even those awful, flu-like aches! Take 3 cups of epsom salts and put them in a hot bath along with 3 bottles of drugstore strength hydrogen peroxide. Soak for 20 minutes, no longer. Drink lots and lots of water during and after this bath. Then plan to get right into bed as you will be so relaxed you'll be "floppy"! This bath has been a real lifesaver for me.

- make "rice socks" with regular white tube socks and regular long-grain rice. Fill the socks with the uncooked rice and sew up the tops. Put one in the freezer for when you need a cold pack. Microwave the other one when you need a hot pack. This great tip is also from our wonderful board members! I also "live" with my heating pad!

- to relieve the pain, you really need to talk to your doctor. Some people find things like Aleve are helpful, but everyone is different, and the majority of us need stronger pain medication than that. Except for those who are on alternative treatments. Mikie will tell you that she has done very very well on the "guai" protocol.

- read, read, read.....everything on the board! Especially the articles on the home page here, and the "coping tips" section (click the purple tab on the top of this page)

- to find a "good doctor" in your area, click on the purple tab "doctor referral" and then on the "CFS/FM Good Doctors List". Or post a message asking for a good doctor in your area. Our members are usually really quick to respond and share their knowledge!

I hope some of this helps. Welcome to the board. I know you will find wonderful support and friendship here, just like I have!

Wishing you well, nature
  3. envision

envision New Member

I truly appreciate any and all advice. Someone else mentioned a rice and sock method..I actually did that last night..The bath thing i am going to try tonight when i am in so much pain again.

thanks again so much.