I am amazed at this illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Whatever it is, it seems to be the same dreaded disease. How else do you explain people from all over the world describing the exact same bizarre set of symptoms with little or no relief from painkillers?

Makes me wonder if it is indeed viral or environmental.

Also, clusters of people have come down with FM, notably,
    BYU campus and Lake Tahoe area as well as the Los Angeles
    epidemic. Epidemics and clusters don't seem genetic to me
    although I do believe there is a genetic predisposition.

Amazing stuff. I am feeling so dead tired today and have
    7 hours of work left. ugh.
  2. friendtoo

friendtoo New Member

I have just read your message, and I am sorry you are having a bad day, its a struggle to get through another seven hours of work. Just to let you know I care and I hope your day gets better.

I also feel the way you do in regards to a possible virus or something. Why all of a sudden are so many people suffering? As far as I am concerned now a days anything is possible with a huge impact on the body after. Look today at SARS or the West Nile virus. I feel there should be more testing done to see if there are very common traits of Fibro Patients, I know there are some but the question is why??

I live in Canada and it seems the doctors or at leats mine have no idea about the illness, these doctors should be more educated on to to suggest ideas to help. One thing I am positive or hopeful for, there is a new program at the hospital and I am starting it on May 26 to June 26. It is from 9-4 and it teaches how to cope with the disease, I am praying that this helps, because as you the pain just doesn't get better or go away? I want my life back!!

But most important try to smile and relax and do what you need to do to get through your day, and remember a friend will be thinking about you, and hopeful you will have a great day afterall.

Take care.
  3. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Nice to know someone understands.

It is scary to think that my life will always be like this.
    I feel like the past 13 years have been nothing but struggling to get through day after day.

So droopy right now.

Thanks again!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

you said you have 7 hrs. of work left.

At least you're still able to work. Or ... maybe not able, but have to in order to support your family!

What type of work do you do? I assume it is administrative since you have access to a computer at work.

Administrative work is just as hard to handle with fibro as a labor type job, I think.
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

Complain, complain, complain.

I'm still struggling with health service in UK - lots of blocks put in my way, but I won't give up.

If the pain's that severe you need appropiate meds.

Breaking the pain cycle is better for general health and well-being than doctors obssessions over opiates and similar drugs.

Cheers

Tansy
  6. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

If I flare, I can take Oxycontin (Triplicate Rx reqd) and
    still not get any relief. I know some Fmers that have had
    injections of morphine and still not had relief if in a flare. That is how bad this stuff can get.

Brutal.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry you are having such a bad run of pain. Seems to be epidemic right now. I wonder whether the spring rapidly changing weather has anything to do with it.

If you are interested in cluster outbreaks, read "Osler's Web," but I warn you, it's a thick book. Researchers are looking more and more to the chronic infections which make us so sick. Well, chronic infections were once active infections. I think this is what causes clusters.

Love, Mikie