I am approved. Yippee Happy Dance

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jun 30, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

My Mom read me the letter today from Social Security. (I am in Chicago for my son's college orientation). The letter said that I was approved and it goes back to the original date in September of '03. I am so happy.

Now, how long do I have to wait for my backpay and monthly checks?

I didn't expect this so soon. My lawyer said August. What a great surprise.
  2. Scapper

Scapper New Member

WOW -- C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!

That will be a sizeable backpay check. I remember I got mine in one lump sum too. I can't remember how long it took, it's been too long. I THINK I actually got my backpay check with the approval at the same time -- again, been a long time but I think so.

Once I was approved, this moved right along.

What a great weight lifted off your shoulders :)

scapper
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I did the happy dance too back in 1996. You take care.

GBHope
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

I am so happy for you.

Kriket
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Great News for you!! now you'll have something to smile about!!
  6. mrsED

mrsED New Member

The back pay should be a nice little bundle too. Enjoy it!
    MrsEd
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly wish I had gotten a backpay check like the one you will be getting!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Janet
  8. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Do you mind my asking what medical conditions you were approved for?

Also, do you think your lawyer would like some business?

I am about to start down this path and have read so many conflicting things about what they will approve and won't approve, etc. There is so much riding on this for me as I am a single woman without resources other than my own income and unable to work.

BTW I also have a child in college in Chicago!

Thanks for any info you can provide and congratulations to you. I bet you will sleep better tonight than all the medications on earth could provide, just having a little peace of mind.

9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Get yourself a nice dinner with a friend!Linda
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

on my first case i had my court hearing on 7/8/04..i received my first check on 1/20/05...for me

then i recieved the money they owed me for my son on 11/29/05...

i had to do battle for my money...

you can call your congressman's office to expediate the payement sometimes...it works...

also, you may go to your local ssa office and go ask for a hardship check for up to 999.00...they can cut the check on the spot...

jodie
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you. You will get a nice fat check. Good for you.

Love, Mikie
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the good news.
  13. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

that gives the rest of us hope!!

Suzette
  14. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

I'm soooo happy for you!!!!! How long did you have to wait? You enjoy your life.... Be well

Janet
  15. Astarte

Astarte New Member

What great news! We're doing happy dances for you too!

What kind of lawyer did you have to get and what is their percentage or costs? Did it expedite things quicker or help with getting the backpay?

Thanks, you have given the rest of us hope for such an awesome outcome.

Star
  16. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

sounds good, hope you get your money soon
  17. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so happy for you!

Now pray for me...pleease. I am going to start soon.

Love...Mari
  18. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Wow..Sept, 2003...that's great!!! I know how you feel. When I was approved, I think that more than the fact that I would be receiving compensation what made my heart sing was the fact that the Admin. Judge believed me and took my symptoms seriously.

It's a great feeling!! It won't be long before you receive a letter with all answers to your questions.

Lolalee
  19. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Doesn't that feel GOOOOD? Mine was approved in February.

A few years ago, it seem like very, very few people were getting approved for SSDI for CFS and Fibro. This number is increasing, even though it can take a few years to get it. Let's hope that more people who are appealing get approved as well.

Kholmes
  20. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

To Astarte, the maximum costs an attorney can charge are mandated by the federal government. A lawyer can only take $5,300 or 25% of your backpay. Whichever is LESS.

I did use an attorney - well worth it.

Louisek - problems that were listed on my forms were: discogenic and degenerative disorders of the spine, fibromyalgia, headaches, GERD, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, obesity and depression.

I'm glad to say that I've lost 35-40 pounds since I filed but I am sure I'm still considered obese.

The clencher was that two doctors that have treated me long term filled out forms for my lawyer. They both said pretty much the same thing and said I would miss more than three days of work per month and need bunches of breaks, etc.