I am askeered to post on Fibro board....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lurkernomore, Dec 25, 2007.

1. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Aaaanymore. At all, ever. I have a tendency to stray off topic, but I never felt that it was bad. Tonight, Christmas night, I went into the fibro board and an old reminder thread had been revived and I felt like a total dunce.

I had just finshed replying to two posts and I got nervous and went back and deleted both my replies. Okay y'all, I reckon I am here to stay. I like to talk about life with fibro and seeing as how that is not research or a possible treatment, I fear it is no longer what the board wants anymore.

Hmmm, I feel very sad all of a sudden. I have posted on the fibro board off and on for quite a long time. But now I am really not comfortable anymore. So I am looking for new family. Anyone want to adopt me? I really am loads of fun, LOL!
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Sorry you feel bad but there is a good reason for this rule. The board moves fast sometimes and posts get bumped to the second page before anyone can answer them.

If you ever look at the second and third pages back, you will find posts with zero response. Often these are people with very urgent problems, or they are new and trying to get information on fibro.

There has been times we had 10-12 messages that had nothing to do with fibro. It happens.

I also feel bad when I see a post three days old that no one saw. We can always try to bump them but often people are hurt that no one answered.

Please don't feel uncomfortable, we all do this sometimes. When I do it I just copy and paste it to the chat board.

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

We talk about so many subjects although it's a very quiet place right now with the holidays.

I most often don't feel like talking about my illness or any treatments for it so I hang around here more than the FM board.

4. ckball

ckball New Member

You have found a new family here so post WHATEVER you want.

Everyone here is very supportive, I have been posting here for a year and half and not one single bit of hostility has been seen here.

I stopped posting on the FM board because , like many here, I prefer to talk about other things than my illness. But have come here many times when not feeling so good and I am uplifted by all the wonder,supportive people here.

When you see the Porchlight Vol, it is a thread where we post 30 posts then move up to a new volume, we are on 165 now! It is our place to come and share and chat like they use to in the days when people would gather on their front porches.

We welcome everyone to come share, we have a porch where everyone has a chair and a blanky with their name on, we have a lodge with a roaring fire, a hot tub and we bring food, beverages, jokes and lots of laughs. We make up stories and have parties but are there for anyone who is not having a good day.

Sometimes it is hard to keep up with what is real and not and all the names but do not feel you must address everyone individually, sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. Just pop in to say Hi and see how everyone is. So come on up on the porch- EVERYONE is always welmome- Carla
  5. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I am able to see now that when I made this post last night I was feeling super-sensitive, due to having spent a VERY Springer Christmas with family. I was hurt, confused and scared that I may be a person whose posts strayed off-topic and cringed at the mere thought of having my fingers slapped and being told that my post had been moved and/or deleted.

Today, after a good night's rest, I am able to think a bit more clearly and realize how silly all that was. I am sorry if I appeared overly dramatic last night. I had been witness to so much bickering and my divorced parents having a real blow-up during what was supposed to be a fun gathering at my home on Christmas Eve that when I went to the other board and saw the reminder about staying on topic, I persoanlized all of it. The most stupid thing was that there were no posts of mine involved. I just had a "poor, pitiful me" reaction, I suppose.

So anyway, I am sorry that I went off half-cocked, as I am also a person who loves to discuss things other than my fibro. And I do believe I have found the perfect place for that here, if you all will still have me.;) Thank you all for being so understanding and willing to adopt me!
  6. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I once hosted a fibro forum and we did a virtual fibro island. It was total fantasy and it went from just being a place where we could all be ourselves (pretending to be someone else, of course) to loo-ows, hee hee, I KNOW that is spelled incorrectly, so I just spelled it the way it's pronounced.

Every lady there had their own cabana boy and our bodies were transformed from achy and messed up to these gorgeous, hot bodies. Everything was perfect and we had the biggest blast with the majority of the forum getting into it.

I love virtual fantasy. It helps us forget the realities at times, when realities are a bit less than perfect. I also want to get in on the fun on The Porch. Now that my VERY Jerry Springer Christmas is over, I am really wanting to just relax and have some fun! Looks like I am in the right place to find it.
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi there lurker,

Don't be so worried about straying off topic. We have all done that a time or two (or more). I am sure I have, the way that I ramble on, and on sometimes.

Yes, I post on both sides but do feel the most comfy over here and the PORCH is my real ocmfort zone. If I have some meds questions I post on the FM side.

Try not to be so down on yourself about it but this FAMILY is definately great - come on in and stay awhile and keep on coming back.

Love and big hugs,

8. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Oh man, you mean you can remember where your virtual island paradise took place? I mean specically Hawaii? You have got me beaten then. I'm not sure if we ever picked a specific island and I have forgotten or if it was just an unknown island where we all mysteriously wound up/ Anyhoo, it was a blast and the post count was way up there during that time.

Granni, you are a real sweetie for making me feel so at home here. I've just been popping on the computer a little at a time lately, but hopefully I will be able to take a bigger part here at some point.

Our older son has gotten engaged and he and my future DIL are really taking my computer over. I don't really mind so much. They are researching every single thing, from caterers, florists, to the best vacation package for their honeymoon. And the wedding date is not even until October!

To everyone who has responded and been so welcoming to me, I love you for it. I have been searching for a place where I can just hang out and be me and this forum seems to be so accepting and warm that I am tickled pink. I will be back. It may be sort of off and on for a bit, but I am so happy to have found this board. Thanks to you all and Happy '08!
  9. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'm glad you're not just lurking anymore. I just read one of your posts on the other side and you were right on the money with what you wrote! You write well and you make good points. Please don't feel intimidated. When it gets weird there I just tell myself that it's a public board and that can bring all KINDS of people ;)lol

Sometimes I get upset over there but I do feel that there are more positives than negatives there.

10. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Would you guys mind if I joined the party?? My porch is one of my favorite places to be, so I can only imagine how wonderful your porch is. I can make a mean margarita, LOVE to laugh, dance (even if it's while I'm sitting)and chat with the girls..
    Sounds like you girls might be better than what the 'doctor ordered'.
  11. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I am most definitely up for a virtual vacay! Just say when and I will be there with bells on. And my life would be complete if I could make tabloid history just once! Hee hee!
  12. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Sure thing, welcome to the Chit Chat board! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfy. I am loving it here and hope you do too! Lurkernomore...aka Katie