I am asking for help again!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joysarah, Dec 5, 2005.

1. joysarah

joysarah New Member

I am soo hoping someone here can help me. I have been on this board on and off for quite some time and always get alot of help and I really appreciate it. So I am asking again because I am so fusterated I can't take it anymore. To make a long story short, I have been seeing my Dr. for about 4 yrs. He is the one that diagnosed me with fibro. I have had it since 1995 but he diagnosed me abot 3 yrs ago. anyway I have a disability case from my job and I have applied for SSDI.My Dr will not say that fibro has disabled me from working. I have a bunch of other problems as well. I have IBS,ostearthritis, smallfiber neuropathy, carpel tunnel, cervical stenosis, GERD, hypothyroid, vertigo and of course fibromyalgia. they are submitting the appeal Wednesday and I have nothing from him and just some diagnosis from the neurologist. I live in the Dallas , Ft Worth area in Texas and I was wondering if anyone knew of a Dr that would help me here. THIS IS FOR MY DISABILITY FROM MY JOB BECAUSE THEY TURNED ME DOWN FOR MY LONG TERM DISABILITY. Anyone who has gotten SSDI and could give me some advice on that would be appreciated also. I have already applied, been turned down and doing my appeal. A good lawyer for that would be great too.
    I am so sorry for asking for so much help. Like I said before I have gotten so much help here in the last few yrs that it just seemed like the place to go.
    Thank you all so much for listening to me and God Bless you all, Joy
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't help you either, but this is a 'bump' so your post will go back to the top of the board, hopefully others here will be able to help you.

Good luck, and I hope you get your much needed information.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

you'll find two links that may help you - one is for DOCTOR REFERRAL the other is on DISABILITY. I believe the name of the Attorney that has helped many people is listed on that site (think his name is Scott Davis - but I'm in a fog right now).

Yeah, you'll have to pay Mr. Davis if you win the SSDI case - general fee is 25% of your award.

I am a little confused though, are you still working? If so, I know SSDI wants you to be out of work for 5 months b/4 they'll even consider the case. I have no idea what the terms are for a company offered disability program.

Good luck, Joy! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Please keep us posted - we care!

Love,
    sunshine8957
  4. chickabee

chickabee New Member

I don't know how much help this will be but is your Dr. going to fill out the form? Is he going to put all your other illnesses on the form? Also, since he diagnosed you with fibro, then that should also be added to your disabilities. I had a dr. years ago tell me to sign up for disability, and when i did she said she wasn't going to fill out my papers, and would make sure i never got disability. (Her and I didn't get along.) Of course, I changed Dr.s after that. I found a very good gentleman (not an attorney) that represented me in my case for disability. That was his job, representing people with disabilities. I had been turned down once before, but when I found him, he really helped me a lot. Do you also have copies of all your medical records to take with you? Take whatever proof you have of all your illnesses with you to your hearing. I wish you the best of luck for Wednesday. Nanc :))
  5. joysarah

joysarah New Member

katemac329 for your hugs and good luck. I really appreciate it. I hope all is well with you.
    Thanks again Joy
  6. joysarah

joysarah New Member

soo much for the bump. take care Joy
  7. joysarah

joysarah New Member

Thank you so much for the name of the attorney. I will call him today. I know they get 25% but really at this point I don't care. I have not worked since the end of June 04. I had arthoscopy knee surgery in early July and I was working as a CNA in the hospital. I was working 12 hr shifts. Hard work for sure but I was making it. Anyway my that is when it all started, my nightmare, and my knee was getting better but the rest of my body was falling apart. I was getting my short term and when I needed to go to long term the hospital said the fibro was pre-exsisting, which was true, but the other problems that the nuero found was not. anyway that is where it all started. Just so happpen I did have a private disability policy I took out yrs ago on my own,it isn't much but it is a help.
    Sorry , i am rambling again. Thanks so much again. God Bless Joy
  8. joysarah

joysarah New Member

that really helps. I am happy for you that you got your disability so fast. I am hoping to be that blessed. You said you had no lawyer, so you went by yourself? I am really interested in how that went as far as what the judge asked you ect.. I think I would be terrified lol.My Dr refuses to say I am disabled but I know he has said at times that I couldn't work I never thought of it that way.I appreciate your help. Thanks again Joy
  9. joysarah

joysarah New Member

I would love to know who the gentleman was that helped you with your disability, I mean is there agenecies like that all over.I am in Texas and I would love to find some one like that. They have a company that helps you here but they get the 25% too. they are called Allsup. I have spoken to them, but the attorney working on my case from the hospital said that they work for the companies.But then she said no they are ok. So I have my doubts now.
    I have alot of copies of my records but I am going to have to update and get some more from some new Dr's I have seen.
    I thank you again Joy
  10. chickabee

chickabee New Member

It was really weird how I found out about that gentleman. He was a representative, and as I was in the SS office looking through my records after being denied, someone else that was in there came up and whispered his name to me and said he was in the phone book...give him a call. I went home called him up, he came to my home, told me everything i had to do in order to get this disability and worked with me. I appealed and that time I went before the Judge, I got it. He did take 25% of the back settlement, which i was more than happy to give him. I have recommened him to other people in my area with disabilities, and they have all gotten theirs. (Maybe I should charge a commission) LOL...
  11. joysarah

joysarah New Member

I would say you recieved a real blessing when you needed it the most. Thanks for the reply.
    Joy
  12. joysarah

joysarah New Member

Yes bozey I was talking to you. I am impressed. Going from feet to head sounds good. I will keep that in mind.
    Thanks again joy
  13. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Once you find a doctor you also need to get a lawyer. Dont walk away from your work disability. Its standard for them to deny. I sued mine and won a buy out. It took a few years but it was worth it. They hope you give up so they deny and try to wear you out. A good lawyer will know how to handle them. dont give up.
    hugs poodlemum
  14. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Hi Joy, first of all, I want to say, bless you for all your going through, I hope everything works out for you!
    Kimberly Martin, was fantasic for my brother, but she is about an hour away from you, if interested in more details, let me know, btw I'm a CNA too! Glad to know ya....:)
  15. joysarah

joysarah New Member

for the advice. The problem with my case from work is that the Dr.s didn;t give them much info. my pcp gave them my records and won't talk to them even though they sent him a check for 250.00. He never cashed it. He just refuses to even say I should get disability. I think he believes he is giving up, which dosen't help me. they got my diagnosis from my neurologist but she never said if it was after my knee surgery so it wasn't pre-exsisting. so my lawyer doesn't have high hopes. I can only pray.
    Thanks for the help Joy
  16. joysarah

joysarah New Member

Thank you for the info. yes any extra info you have please I would be glad to get. I was a cna, I only got to work it a year before I got to sick to work. I love gereatrics, I think the elderly need us and are mistreated here in this country. I pray some day to go back. I started to go to school to be a MA but the illness knocked me out of school too. I can't take on much of anything now b/c some Days I can't get out of bed and I don't know how I will feel from day to day. Anyway enough of that.
    Thanks again joy
  17. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Thats too bad. You really need the doctors to be on board if you go after them. I had really good medical support. A lawyer cant do it alone. Do you have time to find a new medical team that will support you. They could get your past records and use them and your present condition to support your case. I will keep you in my prayers.
    hugs poodlemum
  18. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

Hi Joy,

I got my disability, last December, will start having Medicare in Feb. I was dx. with R.A. in 1995, and have been on all of the powerful, some destructive meds, since then... But, had Drs since then say ,I did not have R.A. One thought I had Psoriactic arthritis. The last one said I had bad, Inflammatory Osteoarthritis, and severe Osteoporosis...

They really put me through it, with the test.... I started out, without a lawyer... I was turned down, so I hired a lawyer, out of Abilene, Tx. I got the thick paperwork, to fill out again. I had to answer the same questions , again. I couldn't remember what I had put last time, did not keep a copy... I mailed it to the lawyer. As for as I know, he just mailed it in... Then mths. later ,I was notified, that I was approved. The lawyer sure made a lot of money, but I prob. would have been turned down again, on my own..................Texas is a tough state, to get your Disability....

The lawyer had talked with me on the phone. He told me that they routinely turn nearly ,everyone down, hoping that they will quit trying... He thought I would be turned down again, then I would finally get to present my case, to the Judge.. The fibro fog is terrible, or I have Alzheimers, but I was scared to face, a mean Judge.....

The last Rheum. I saw in San Angelo, told me not to lift anything... I was an LVN, when I was first dx., in a hospital. You have got to be able to lift, at least in Med/Surg., where I had always worked...But, he told me I would not get Disability. He acted mad, at the whole system.. He told me of a pt. that he had , in a wheel chair, hands deformed. The Judge told her, if she was able to use one finger, she was able to work......

But, I hope I haven't discouraged you... It is your money, that you are asking for, not theirs... Keep fighting, but you prob. need a lawyer.. I think that is why ,I was approved, they saw I was serious, and wasn't going to give up.. If you don't win, they don't get paid..

I have FMS too,and lung and heart problems.. If I could give up just one of the DD's, it would be the FMS.. It is a 24 hr. / 7 day a wk. monster. It has attacked me emotionally, physically, have been unable to sleep.... It is hard to work, with very little sleep.. It affects your job, family, and friends.No one seems to understand, including all of the Dr's......Really, I know, you have to have it, to understand.. I could not wish it, on anyone........

I think, we are both on another board, together... I really hope you can win your case, with or without a lawyer. My DS's live in DFW area, DD lives close by..
  19. joysarah

joysarah New Member

Thanks so much for the info. I have been working with a company called Allsup, they are supposed to help people get their disability, they are all lawyers. They tell me I have to have a Dr. say I should be able to get disability. I have learned on this board,(great place to learn), that all they need is what the dr's say is wrong with you and it is the judge that makes the decision. Believe me sarah I will not give up.
    I am glad that you got yours, it gives me hope. I am going to get a regular lawyer. I have one that is working on my disability case from my job. That isn't looking so well, but I still have faith. To be totally honest I would just like to give this all up and just be well enough to go back to work and be my old self. Of course I know we all would. It is just that we are made to feel like we are asking for a hand out and I get so sick of that.
    Anyway thanks again sarah Just a little vent there lol.JOY
  20. joysarah

joysarah New Member

Have time now. It really upsets me that the dr's are this way. Like I said I have seen my PCP for 4 yrs now. I just keep hoping and praying.
    Thanks again poodlemommy
    Joy