I am back from Texas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nana2Andromeda, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Nana2Andromeda

Nana2Andromeda New Member

Hi everyone, I am back from Texas and WON some grandparent rights. I can bring Andromeda to California every summer for 3 weeks. My son and his ex-wife have 50/50 custody, she has Andromeda one week and my son has her the following week. She is with one of parents every week, so I can go to Texas and see my granddaughter on his weeks.
    Also, if for some reason my son is called to go out in the field for training or even called to go to war, I can go to Texas to exercise his weeks.
    I got to see my granddaughter while I was there.....hearing those words "NANA" were the most beautiful words I have heard in a long time.
  2. Nana2Andromeda

Hi everyone, I am back from Texas and WON some grandparent rights. I can bring Andromeda to California every summer for 3 weeks. My son and his ex-wife have 50/50 custody, she has Andromeda one week and my son has her the following week. She is with one of parents every week, so I can go to Texas and see my granddaughter on his weeks.
    Also, if for some reason my son is called to go out in the field for training or even called to go to war, I can go to Texas to exercise his weeks.
    I got to see my granddaughter while I was there.....hearing those words "NANA" were the most beautiful words I have heard in a long time.
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Nana--I am so Happy for You! Children are a gift from God--and GrandChildren are Icing on the Cake....Maybe because we have grown, and wisened up, we can take the time to appreciate them so much more than we could when our children were growing. Perhaps we just know how valuable time is now, and how quickly they grow. I have four grand beasties now...and they bring me untold joy. I am so happy for you--that everything worked out this well!
    Karen
  4. debrastets

debrastets New Member

As bad as i feel and as bad as i hurt my grandkids keep me going ! I had four of my five over weekend ! They all love helping nanaw and you should have seen how my 5 year old grandson fold the towels for me !I know how much mine mean to me and they are no better meds than a grandchilds huggs and kisses!!
  5. Nana2Andromeda

Yes, you are right, no matter how much pain we are in, our grandkids keep us going.
    I had to fly back out here to Texas to care for my granddaughter because my son was called out for training for 10 days and this is my 3rd day here and I can bearly move. I took her to the park today and was only able to stay there for an hour. At night I just want to cry because of my pain, wishing I could do more.