I am back in school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Christinawensell, May 17, 2008.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Hi all I do not have much time anymore to write on here since I have been back in college. I love college by the way. I am getting straight A's and I do nto settle for anything less. My teachers say I am hard on myself. I think of it this way I am not going to blow this chance I have. I waited or 20 years to go back to school and I am doing it right. I am in a medical program and I am so excited to help people out there in our situations.

My unemployment ran out last month so I needed to find a way to get some more money in the house, so I started up a daycare. I right now have 2 five month old identical twins. They are a lot of fun, but a lot of work.

W'ell that is all from me right now. I am doing well. I am felling great most of the time. Last night though I think I started a fibro flare and I am really feeling sore today, but I need to keep going. I am too tough not too.

2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Christinea,

I admire your toughness. Good for you. I think my #3 daughter who is divorced and has two of the children living with her also wants to back to school also but is working full time now. She is not going for a degree I believe but some courses to help her with her work at a medical assistant /insurance person in a hospital. She agrees that she screwed up when it was time for her to go to school but now she has grown up and has responsibilities.

Yes, now you have litte twins that you need to raise and will need that degree or whatever you are going for. So sorry to hear about the accident you and your daughters were in . Who is watching those babies? Are you going at night? Congradulations on you all A's so far. That is fantastic.

I know how hard it must be especially when you do feel good every day. When you get down just look at those babies and remember who you are doing it for, besides yourself hon!!

Good luck !!

Blessings and hugs,

3. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

with an Associate Degree in Adm. Med. Asst. I went back at 50. I went back into my original position, though, in direct-care, but use my computer skills at home. The reason being I traded 2 semesters of clinical, which comes easy for me, instead of a 2nd term of Accounting, which overwhelms me.

I mostly wanted that degree, which I never had the opportunity of getting. My 3 kids, thankfully, have their educations. In fact, when I went back at night, my son followed the following semester and got his Assoc. degree in computers and has a good job today. We took some courses together. I worked p/t in the day and he worked f/t and I would be prepared and would help him in class if we sat next to each other. He would elbow me when we would work on our computer tutorials......LOL. I will always have those memories.

My concern is that I am not able to pay for my student loan, but I think most of the USA is in that predicament right now. I think our country should make it easier for citizens to be able to afford to go to school.

Congratulations and the best of luck to you. I think it's wonderful when people further their educations. It's actually good to keep challenging our minds.

In class the younger ones would complain about an assignment and I would feel flattered that the teacher thought I could even attempt to do what they asked....LOL.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

To you for doing this, it is hard work, but with that sort of grit you will win through. Good luck.